Namouchi on possible Gers return

Hamed Namouchi isn�t ruling out the possibility of returning to Rangers, following his release by German club SC Freiburg. The Tunisian international played 51 times for the SPL side from 2003 to 2006, before switching to French side FC Lorient.

Namouchi played for three seasons in France before moving to Freiburg in December 2009 on a short-term deal. But the Bundesliga side declined to offer him a new contract, with the French-born player now training alone in Cannes.

On the lookout for a new club, Namouchi doesn�t want to discount the chance to move to any team, including Turkish club Sivasspor, who he came close to joining last December, and his former club.

Asked about a possible return to Rangers, Namouchi Namouchi told foot365.fr: ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢ve already played for one of the two best clubs [in Scotland], so itââ?¬â?¢s not really about finding a bigger challenge. But at the same time I donââ?¬â?¢t want to rule it out.

ââ?¬Å?I am looking for a club and I am waiting to find one. I am training at my house in Cannes. I am physically sharp, I am just missing playing in matches.ââ?¬Â

Namouchi�s availability would fit the blueprint for budget signings in a Rangers squad which has had to contend with six high-profile departures over the summer. But, together with the goalkeeper position, central midfield is one of the SPL champions� strongest areas.

Steven Davis, Maurice Edu and Lee McCulloch are all currently vying to play through the middle, while defender Madjid Bougherra can also turn his hand to playing further forward. Youngster Jamie Ness is also pushing for a chance to prove his worth in midfield.

During his time at Rangers, Namouchi was an SPL winner in 2005 before Paul le Guen deemed him surplus to requirements a year later. He moved to Ligue 1 for �£500,000 soon after the French managerâ��s arrival.

Rangers are currently in Australia participating in a three-game tournament, with Sydney FC their next opponents on Wednesday. Blackburn Rovers have already been defeated 2-1, with AEK Athens lying in wait on Saturday.

Edited by gavin3084

Can anyone remember who namouchi came to rangers with I'm sure we signed to of them but 1 was releases before namouchi?

It was the lad Marc Kalenga mate... :)

Edited by Frankie

Now in amateur football and as likely as Namouchi to be re-signed... ;)

http://bsc.footeo.com/saison-2009-2010/cfa/equipe-seniors-1/joueur-marc-kalenga.html

Cheers frankie I remember him don't think he made a first team appearence but did he? Did mcleish not sign another young French Tunisian or something round about the same time?