Arsenal to sign Stuttgart center half

Ok cue the Bougherra to Germany stories , if sky sports is correct Arsenal are in talks to sign a center half from Stuttgart for �£10 million ......hope this gets done and dusted quickly , to be honest I hope he goes

Ok cue the Bougherra to Germany stories , if sky sports is correct Arsenal are in talks to sign a center half from Stuttgart for �£10 million ......hope this gets done and dusted quickly , to be honest I hope he goes

Did u mean u want bougherra to go?

Think he does mean Bougherra. He has been intiching for a move since the start of his career with us. If Stuttgart get �£10m for their defender then they can pay us �£7m for Bougherra

Yes mate , the sooner the better , I just dont trust him to stay the distance , far too often he's at the madam for my liking

Maybe selling Bougherra wouldn't be so bad. His attitude is sometimes questionable and he's nearing the end of his contract so we may not have a better time to cash in.

If we could get the readies in from his sale and that could, say, fund Walter to buy in 2-3 additional players of decent quality, that would be a good thing. Bougherra would be a difficult man to replace I would accept, but Walter's not done too badly at finding centre half's since his return so I reckon he could do it again.

If we get �£7m for bougherra (which we won't, try �£4m) then Walter will be lucky to see �£2m of it. Better that he stays. I agree that he's been conspicuous by his absence in some big games, particularly against the scum. However with the bank strangling us, his sale would be pointless and very damaging. If we get through the window without losing Boogie or Davis I'll be mighty relieved. If Walter was to get the cash then yes, punt him. I think we all suspect that wouldn't be the case.

You also have the risk of getting someone to fit in with the team. I don't see the point of selling him to get someone else in. Hopefully we'll be bedding in a few new faces anyway but there's no need to get another just for the sake of it. For every Cuellar, there's a Boli.

I think it would be a bad thing if he went, we would struggle to find another player of his quality on the limited funds we have, I think bougherra could have great season in it left or right back with they surging runs and we could have Webster and weir in the middle we will still nd another centre half for cover for weir as I don't know whether he will be able to sustain the level of games he played last season I have my doubts, but defo bougie to stay as said previously walter won't get the money from his sale so why sell?

If we get �£7m for bougherra (which we won't, try �£4m) then Walter will be lucky to see �£2m of it. Better that he stays. I agree that he's been conspicuous by his absence in some big games, particularly against the scum. However with the bank strangling us, his sale would be pointless and very damaging. If we get through the window without losing Boogie or Davis I'll be mighty relieved. If Walter was to get the cash then yes, punt him. I think we all suspect that wouldn't be the case.

Yip agree with that. No point selling him unless every penny can be reinvested in the squad. If not having Bougherra makes us stronger and gives us a better chance of the title so id say keep him.

I can see Weir and Webster being first pick in the centre with Bougherra playing right back and Whittaker providing width in the midfield, although I hope this isnt the case. Id rather see Bougherra start in the centre or even an option as a holding midfield (he can have those driving runs)