Weiss officially signs - one year loan

A really good acquisition for us - but because of his age I fear Walter benching him all the time and not deploying him.

Truth is this is the kind of quality we need for the CL, I just hope he features. Another Aaron would do my head in.

Do you not think it's more to do with the player than Walter? I looked Aaron up on Wikipedia and he played 4 games last season for Celta Vigo - that's one less than he did for Rangers. Sounds to me like the guy's not ready and Walter knew what he was doing - backed up by the fact he won the league and cup double - when Walter does that I don't care a jot what untried youngsters he doesn't play.

Aaron was recruited as a squad filler nothing more. These days we don't have that luxury and the latest three signings are heading for the first team.

If Walter doesn't play any of them and we win the league anyway, I for one won't be "doing my head in". I'm a Rangers fan, first and last.

By the way, did you ever watch Harry Enfield's "Self righteous brothers"? ;)

Officially signed

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100819/weiss-joins-gers_2254024_2127501

EXCITING Slovakian winger Vladimir Weiss has joined Rangers on a one-year loan from Premiership big spenders Manchester City.

The Light Blues have beaten off a host of other clubs to land the highly talented 20-year-old who played in this summer's World Cup Finals.

Weiss jetted into Glasgow today and then concluded a deal wiith chief executive Martin Bain at Murray Park.

The midfield star was on loan at Bolton last season having been with City since he was 16 having joined from home town team Inter Bratislava.

Now he is poised to go straight into the squad for Sunday's SPL clash with Hibs at Easter Road.

Do you not think it's more to do with the player than Walter? I looked Aaron up on Wikipedia and he played 4 games last season for Celta Vigo - that's one less than he did for Rangers. Sounds to me like the guy's not ready and Walter knew what he was doing - backed up by the fact he won the league and cup double - when Walter does that I don't care a jot what untried youngsters he doesn't play.

Aaron was recruited as a squad filler nothing more. These days we don't have that luxury and the latest three signings are heading for the first team.

If Walter doesn't play any of them and we win the league anyway, I for one won't be "doing my head in". I'm a Rangers fan, first and last.

So am I - I meant the entire Aaron fiasco, whether Walter was right or wrong. At the end of the day we signed a player we didn't use - so either our scouting wasn't up to cop or Walter was wrong. Either way, I don't want another Aaron situation.

By the way, did you ever watch Harry Enfield's "Self righteous brothers"? ;)

I've never heard of it, but you clearly have :P