Why are the press so intent on bigging up Celtic?

But Craig (cracking name by the way...) - sometimes the complete bias of the reporting gets outside the confines of the players, the performances and the results - by being blase about it we become easy targets. Just look at how slanted the topic of sectarianism seems to be !

The day after we have made our biggest signing in many years, I had to laugh at the headline creaming from the Evening Times billboard as I passed a paper shop this morning.

"Pompey Smith says no to Rangers" or some such tosh, referring to the fact that the striker we were looking at in case the Jelavic deal fell through will now not be coming to Ibrox. It made me smile to think how much Timmy must be hurting to make that their billboard headline.

I am long past getting upset at such tactics from our gutter press, and my blood pressure and workload are both much better off since I stopped buying any newspapers a couple of years ago.

But why do you think the press, gutter or otherwise, would be well served by favouring one side of the Glasgow divide over the other? It makes no sense!

Yes, they are poorly written, and yes, they aim at the lowest common denominator but biased? I just can't see it. Radio Scotland is the only body I can see which is actively biased, in that they favour Celtic over all other clubs to a quite astonishing degree. Not anti-Rangers, just so pro-Celtic as to virtually unlistenable. The early season, when the pishy clubs (which includes us now, I suppose!) are staggering about in Europe, is the only time I can listen to them.

But Craig (cracking name by the way...) - sometimes the complete bias of the reporting gets outside the confines of the players, the performances and the results - by being blase about it we become easy targets. Just look at how slanted the topic of sectarianism seems to be !

I must say it is a cracking name Craig ;)

I agree completely with what you are saying in that when it goes out of the confines of players and even management but when they are talking about the team and performance and are bigging it up I have absolutely no problems with that. For the other lot that believe everything in the papers which is probably a majority, it can't be anything other than a good thing. They are constantly told how good their team is and what a job the manager is doing with the signings etc..

Two things can now happen when they start losing(which they will)..

1. They accept it because they have been told how good the players are and "it's only a matter of time before the team gels, so we will give lemon time". Before they end up further behind us in the league and by the time they notice how shite they are, it's frankly too late!

2. They don't accept it as they have a 'world class' team and a 'world class' team doesn't perform like that. They put pressure onto the board and by the time we know it, the lurgan bigot is out of a job before January and their team gets even more signings, a new management team coupled with selling on duds for basically nothing and another year without champions league football puts them even further into debt.

Hey I'm looking through it with blue-tinted specs but I'd love either to happen :D :spl: