SFA won't punish McGregor

Guest Flying Hippo

Poor from McGregor but i stopped caring deeply about stuff like this when we were cheated out of the 07/08 title

Edited by Flying Hippo

So quite clearly Timmy was up to their usual tricks in forcing the SFA to come out with this clarification so soon after the match, and before they have even received the useless bassa, sorry, referee's report.

They now want McGregor suspended because he dived when the ref didnt see it, didnt take any action either in favour or against him, or the incident having any affect on the game whatsoever.

It only made McGregor look stupid and i would hope he feels stupid when he sees it back again, and I would also hope he is spoken to by the gaffer and his gk coach to ensure no repeat.

Clearly, Timmy was far more intent on watching our game than travelling to their own game, as over 15,000 faithful thru and thru were disguised as empty seats again at the Piggery.

Think he should get fined from the club but I think people are making it out worse than was it was. McGregor knew he made a fanny of himself as he got right back up! Stokes is the biggest c**t anyway, taunting McGregor and leaving his studs in every time trying to get a reaction from McGregor. The Hibs fans done themselves no favours as well with the abuse he received which was horrible at times.

McGregor is an embarrassment and I hope the club fine him heavily.

Absolutely right Frankie. People like McGregor and Lafferty are just the latest in a fairly lengthy list of players who tarnish the club by acting like arses and, if we're completely honest, by cheating. They ARE an embarrassment and it always disappoints me that so many of our fans are prepared to criticise the other side for cheating but simultaneously forgive and justify the same behaviour by our own. Walter did the right thing by dropping McGregor last time and it's clear neither he nor Lafferty have learned a thing from it. You can't claim to have standards while at the same time breaching them, either we're condoning cheating or we're punishing it.

Football players in general may tend towards the lower end of the cerebral spectrum but they can nevertheless do enormous damage to the club and need to be treated accordingly. Personally, I'd fine them mercilessly and drop them from any association with the first team squad for at least a month.

The only thing that stops me from going as far as dropping him etc is that it will feel like giving in to pressure from the press; which is the only thing worse than bad behaviour as we've been arsed about so royally over self serving media outrage the last few years.

We've got a more than able backup GK who can fill in at the drop of a hat. If McGregor is dropped, I've got full confidence in Alexander to come in and do a job.

One thing I can't understand is the double standards shown by the SFA. Suspend Lafferty after the Mulgrew embarrassment yet let McGregor off with his dive.

Is it because the ref booked McGregor that the SFA can't take matters further?

Edited by Gazza_8