Duo consider Camoranesi

Guest Flying Hippo
Newsflash - The SPL really is pish.

It still doesn't mean that any player will come here and walk it

Camoranesi would only consider a move to the SPL if he knew he was past it at the highest level and he had no interest from better leagues. I don't want players like this

Guest Flying Hippo
Is that not the case with all foreigners.

What like the 24 year old we signed last week? Signing young foreigners in the expectation of making a profit is fine. Signing players pushing 35 and out for a last pay day is ridiculous for a club in our financial situation

Guest Flying Hippo
I was more meaning the point about other leagues not being interested. You think he would have signed if there was more interest in the premiership?

Probably not but at least he's striving towards something. Camoranesi would be effectively saying his career was over if he moved to Scotland, and the chances of him being a Rothen-esque waste of space are at least quite reasonable

Newsflash - The SPL really is pish.

Unfortunately the tims being totally battered into a blobbing mass of disarray by a mid-table Dutch team shows just how bad the SPL is. Hibs were also beaten 3-0 by Heracles in a pre-season friendly. I know you can't judge on friendlies but Hibs were also totally outplayed. Rangers and Celtic used to fight it out with the top Dutch teams now at least one half can't even fight it out with the minnows.