Good to see it created some debate, Lads. :D

The Muir perspective came from the necessity for someone to push the board to make wholesale changes that will see us service our debt. I actually believe that to a certain extent, all involved at Rangers pulled together in a siege like mentality when Muir came in. He wasn't popular from the board down (probably sill isn't). However, the club needed it.

Walter's success along with major cost cutting has married up well with each other even if it didn't seem like it at the time.

Long way to go but I do believe we are on the right track for the first time in a very long time.

Furthermore, the orcs have done well from a business perspective in recent years but their board don't seem as football minded as ours. I feel that might have a crippling effect on them. Their decision to hire monkeyheid then Lennon is proof of that, IMO.

Edit: Cheers for publishing, Frankie!

I don't believe we are on the right track at all. The best you can say for it (and I would concede this) is that we have got off the wrong track.

There is a catalogue of improvements yet needed at Rangers and an entirely new management team will be the first sign anyone is interested in taking on the turnaround process.

Murray still controls the club, Bain still implements policy, and we still have a barely competent and utterly disjointed board of directors. There is no evidence I can see that we are in any way trying to improve the income stream, we still seem to be relying on CL qualification and God knows what would happen if we didn't have it at the moment. My advice is don't look to present management to turn anything around, they wouldn't know the right track if they were welded to it.

I don't believe we are on the right track at all. The best you can say for it (and I would concede this) is that we have got off the wrong track.

There is a catalogue of improvements yet needed at Rangers and an entirely new management team will be the first sign anyone is interested in taking on the turnaround process.

Murray still controls the club, Bain still implements policy, and we still have a barely competent and utterly disjointed board of directors. There is no evidence I can see that we are in any way trying to improve the income stream, we still seem to be relying on CL qualification and God knows what would happen if we didn't have it at the moment. My advice is don't look to present management to turn anything around, they wouldn't know the right track if they were welded to it.

I suppose that's like saying "my glass is half empty" rather than "my glass is half full"!

I feel the board can improve without Murray's interference. Yeah, I know, Murray is a control freak. Investment is required along with a change of owner, however, there's been better vibes coming from Ibrox of late and maybe I am being naive, but I do feel we're on the right track. I will concede though, that the track is long with many twists and turns which needs negotiated before we're stable again.

I suppose that's like saying "my glass is half empty" rather than "my glass is half full"!

I feel the board can improve without Murray's interference. Yeah, I know, Murray is a control freak. Investment is required along with a change of owner, however, there's been better vibes coming from Ibrox of late and maybe I am being naive, but I do feel we're on the right track. I will concede though, that the track is long with many twists and turns which needs negotiated before we're stable again.

I think you're being totally naiive but you're as entitled to your opinions as anyone else. It really doesn't matter how you describe the content of the glass when you damn well know there's a hole in the bottom of it.

I think you're being totally naiive but you're as entitled to your opinions as anyone else. It really doesn't matter how you describe the content of the glass when you damn well know there's a hole in the bottom of it.

When the accounts are published later in the year we will see where we are going.

We're in debt to the tune of �£31 million. From the noises that has came out of Ibrox and going by media reports, the club has cut the debt since then. More CL money should make further cuts.

No expert in accounting but it doesn't make good reading although the club is making efforts to rectify the financial situation.

We're in debt to the tune of �£31 million. From the noises that has came out of Ibrox and going by media reports, the club has cut the debt since then. More CL money should make further cuts.

No expert in accounting but it doesn't make good reading although the club is making efforts to rectify the financial situation.

I think you might be confusing finance with accounting and rumour with fact. Unfortunately you're not the only one.