poor game so far....

I will be a bit more possitive. I thought the keeper was exellent (mom). I also thought Buffel was just coming in to the game when he was taken off. Hemdani was reasonable but to be honest he doesn't seem to be able to blend with Fergie. Fergie was dire and could have sat next to me to be honest. He is ok if he has the ball but lets players walk away from him, almost evey time. That has been the problem with Fergie from day 1, and will always be the problem. I would punt him tomorrow if the window was open. Sionko:mad: The first person on the Gersnet to pick him in their team for the next 3 weeks will have there private message box full of spam,swear words and anything else i can think of.:ffs:

Boyd is absolutly useless outside the 18 yard box and at a certain time you have to ask, is he the player to take us forward. Personally, i think not, we need to have someone who can score and hold a ball up for others. That is not something you learn it is a natural talent and Boyd does not have that talent. I see no more in Boyd in the long term, as super-sub. I thought the defense done okay if you consider the midfield was AWOL most of the game to be honest. The rest played their part in a mediocre(to say the least) performance.

not overly positive, but i would agree with almost all of it. i thought buffel and mcgregor did a good job, the defence ok and the rest not really worth a mention. i think your barry critique is overly harsh, i think he was clearly not fit and cannot play as a two man midfield along hemdani, as was shown all of last season, so the manager takes some of the blame. barry will get better with fitness too, i believe.

not overly positive, but i would agree with almost all of it. i thought buffel and mcgregor did a good job, the defence ok and the rest not really worth a mention.
i think your barry critique is overly harsh, i think he was clearly not fit and cannot play as a two man midfield along hemdani, as was shown all of last season, so the manager takes some of the blame. barry will get better with fitness too, i believe.[/
QUOTE]

How long do we need to keep saying this? He has had one good season in how many? Six or seven! Did Rdboer have anything to do with that? When Barry gets fit he will be a topper.:( Sorry mate i am tired of hearing it and to be honest i don't see it happening. He lets players walk away from him and has always done that. His contrabution going forward does not supplement his discrepencies in midfield and defence.

BF is clearly not the player he was before heading to Blackburn.

We did not lose a goal and this can only be a positive, but we did not score a goal and this is a big negative.

Just really thought that it was a poor performance and that we need to strat firing on all cylinders and soon. The "every game in Europe is a hard game" just doen't go with the grain with this calibre of team.

Rangers in poor away performance against Euro no-namers. Hardly a shock, is it? We should be used to that sort of performance in Europe by now. I bet PLG's not very happy though.

McGregor played well though and now deserves his chance as number 1. Apart from him, I thought it was a pretty miserable performance and it was disappointing to see Fergie playing the sort of match he's been doing since coming back to us. Apart from a handful of games last season he's been a passenger and we just can't afford to carry any players like that.

Very poor and sloppy performance last night. Thought we were very pedestrian and almost lazy at times.

However, we got a reasonable result and should be able to build on it at home. Molde did well and played some nice football and if it wasn't for a good performance from McGregor and some poor finishing we might be even more unhappy.

As for the songs, I don't think there was anything sung that could be construed as offensive. Maybe pointless and irrelevent but nothing for anyone to complain about or to hide from.

Back onto the pitch, we'll have to improve by a distance if we've to get a result at Easter Road. It will be interesting to see who holds onto their place as no-one (other than McGregor and maybe Hemdani) did enough to warrant selection.

Ferguson did OK but looked a bit off the pace which is understanable given his lack of pre-season and the length of time he's been injured.

I think PLG gambled somewhat by resting Prso, Clement and Burke. He'll argue that it worked as we should win the tie at home but I'd counter that is disrupted our rhythym and almost cost us a defeat.

An away draw is hardly the end of the world but I just hope we improve ten fold for the Easter Road game. 4 away games in a row (in 9 days) isn't an easy stretch of games and that possibly explains the rotation of players but we can't afford to tinker with the team too much ahead of 2 of the biggest games of the season.

Very poor and sloppy performance last night. Thought we were very pedestrian and almost lazy at times.

However, we got a reasonable result and should be able to build on it at home. Molde did well and played some nice football and if it wasn't for a good performance from McGregor and some poor finishing we might be even more unhappy.

As for the songs, I don't think there was anything sung that could be construed as offensive. Maybe pointless and irrelevent but nothing for anyone to complain about or to hide from.

Back onto the pitch, we'll have to improve by a distance if we've to get a result at Easter Road. It will be interesting to see who holds onto their place as no-one (other than McGregor and maybe Hemdani) did enough to warrant selection.

Ferguson did OK but looked a bit off the pace which is understanable given his lack of pre-season and the length of time he's been injured.

I think PLG gambled somewhat by resting Prso, Clement and Burke. He'll argue that it worked as we should win the tie at home but I'd counter that is disrupted our rhythym and almost cost us a defeat.

An away draw is hardly the end of the world but I just hope we improve ten fold for the Easter Road game. 4 away games in a row (in 9 days) isn't an easy stretch of games and that possibly explains the rotation of players but we can't afford to tinker with the team too much ahead of 2 of the biggest games of the season.

Really disappointing after all the build up of us being a super fit team who were taken to a country with high humidity to get us even fitter.:sigh:

I only heard Derry's walls, as you said not really appropriate but surly not bad enough to warrent a reaction . Although in saying that you never know with FIFA and the Scottish media.

I really hope this guy Papac is a class act as i am starting to get the feeling Austria Vienna are laughing their heads off. There is only one word to cover Sionkos performance yesterday and that is atrociuos. He really does not look if he could pass water. I hope he has just temperarily lost a bit of confidence and will come back with a bang once he has settled more but he really needs to improve 100%.

I really hoped to see a different style in Europe under Le Guen playing as Molde did and putting the other team under pressure. To be honest we looked no different as under Eck, willing to give the other teams players 4 or 5 yards to control the ball and pass it. It resulted in us chasing shadows for most of the game.

We have the extra pressure that a 0-1 win is enough for them and on yesterdays performance maybe not all that impossible.

Lets just hope it was a case of us underestemating them and we will soort it out at home.

Have to agree that last night was woeful. Passing was terrible. I agree with Frankie when he said we looked lazy. Far too often Molde were given free run of the midfield, and picking up all the second balls. Don't think if we had lost the game we could have had too many complaints.

Hats off to McGregor and Bardsley, the only two playing anything close to their best. Ferguson was a like a passenger and his lack of match practice showed. Bringing him back disrputed the balance of the team.

Overall I'd rate the players

McGregor 8

Bardsley 7

Svensson 6

Rodriguez 6

Smith 6

Hemdani 5

Ferguson 5 (Clement 4)

Sionko 5 (Prso 5)

Buffel 5 (Burke 5)

Martin 6

Boyd 5

Only McGgregor and Hendami could take pass marks for last nights performance, the rest were terrible. Fergie was starting his first game for 5 months, so in some respects, we really can't comment this early.

I said a few weeks back that most of PLG's signings were taking longer than expected to settle and some just didn't look the part and nothing I saw last night changed my opinion.

Sionko looks like a wee boy lost which is surprising given his performances for his country last week - same can be said for Sebo. Svensson had a decent game to be fair and Clement was dropped to the bech by PLG.

Bardsley looked solid, but his distribution wasn't the bast (ditto Stevie Smith). Hendami and Fergie can't play in the same team - that was evident last season and the same again last night. Buffel, like he does far to often flirts around the edges of the game, shows flashes of his ability and talent then hides for long periods. Martin was decent, but didn't offer Smith any protection.

Boyd is a great goal-scorer but like I said last season, will he be in PLG's pland long-term? He doesn't offer anything outside the 18 yard box and whilst that may be OK for us, I don't know how long PLG will continue to watch Boyd struggle with simple link-up play.

All in all - we need a vast improvement and a settled starting line-up if we are going to have a successful season.

Cammy F

a dull lacklustre performance if it wasnt for macgregor we would have been a couple of goals down.

No real threat at all.

Was so bored I nearly turned over to Dragons Den.

Hopefully a dressing down from PLG will make them pull their socks up - we made Molde look half decent side not sure if they are given some of the attemped shots on goal from them were ludicrous.

Wasnt impressed with Barry at all - what about all this earning your place, granted he is still coming back but should be walk back into the team?

Guest loyal and blue

1st post on hear guys and i dont want to be negative but what was that about last night,if any one saw anything postive please tell me what it was

european games are what we live for but this was dire