Deadline Day Transfer Thread >>>>

Charlie Adam thought he was a younger version of Beckham. He tried the Hollywood pass then either tripped up, kicked the ball with his standing foot first or made the pass then fell on his arse. An easier pass to a player closer to him would've done the job. He gave away possesion more often than not.

I'm away to work.

Well that's your opinon Gazza & we're all entitled to one!

FWIW, I thiink Adam only really started to show some of the things you mention after the fans started getting on his back. He made some mistakes & they got a bit more frequent due to pressure, but I'll always maintain my feelings about Adam which are that I thought he was a good player & one we should have kept as a backup or rotational player. I certainly don't think he personally thought he was anything like Beckham & the Hollywood pass patter is a waste of discussion.

Well that's your opinon Gazza & we're all entitled to one!

FWIW, I thiink Adam only really started to show some of the things you mention after the fans started getting on his back. He made some mistakes & they got a bit more frequent due to pressure, but I'll always maintain my feelings about Adam which are that I thought he was a good player & one we should have kept as a backup or rotational player. I certainly don't think he personally thought he was anything like Beckham & the Hollywood pass patter is a waste of discussion.

It's fact mate. He also continually failed to trap the ball when he received a pass. It would roll under his studs. This happened one more than a few occasions.

It's fact mate. He also continually failed to trap the ball when he received a pass. It would roll under his studs. This happened one more than a few occasions.

If you sit there watching for a players mistakes you'll be able to notice more than a few occasions when even our most consistent performers cock up.

I think a lot of it comes down to perspective.

You watch a game and you have preconceived notions of a player and each time they do something you expect of them then you remember it as it supports your view of the player.

You could watch a game thinking Adam's a shit passer of the ball and you see him make half a dozen passes which don't reach their target and you think see I said he can't pass. But you don't look at how many he makes that are succesful. You don't see how many his team mates misplace. You don't look at the percentage of succesful passes. You don't take into consideration the players position, is he a creative player making offensive passes which are more likely to be intercepted than defenders playing it along the back line?