worm can has been opened

now that "The Billy Boys" has been banned I wonder just how politically correct the authorites will be when it comes to singing other songs that are of a deflametory nature. Take for instance the chant : "Whos the bastard in the black" or "who ate all the pies". Two pretty well known chants in the football world but descriminate none the less. My point is if your going to ban one song you have to ban them all in every way shape or form if you are going to keep a level playing field for all. In my eyes the football authorities have created a monster by banning the "billy boys" as it sets a precident for everyone else as well. I will watch with interest next season to see how far the authorities go in cleaning up our game but i fear they will only be looking for a scapegoat to set an example to others as Uefa did with us earlier and again its our head on the chopping block.

now that "The Billy Boys" has been banned I wonder just how politically correct the authorites will be when it comes to singing other songs that are of a deflametory nature. Take for instance the chant : "Whos the bastard in the black" or "who ate all the pies". Two pretty well known chants in the football world but descriminate none the less. My point is if your going to ban one song you have to ban them all in every way shape or form if you are going to keep a level playing field for all. In my eyes the football authorities have created a monster by banning the "billy boys" as it sets a precident for everyone else as well. I will watch with interest next season to see how far the authorities go in cleaning up our game but i fear they will only be looking for a scapegoat to set an example to others as Uefa did with us earlier and again its our head on the chopping block.

Don't hold your breath waiting mate. Just like the police were cracking down on on-field violence only Rangers players seemed to be guilty.

English hooligans can riot all over Europe!

German supporters can kill a french policeman.

But see if you dare to sing the Billy Boys!!!!:mad:

Don't hold your breath waiting mate. Just like the police were cracking down on on-field violence only Rangers players seemed to be guilty.

English hooligans can riot all over Europe!

German supporters can kill a french policeman.

But see if you dare to sing the Billy Boys!!!!:mad:

couldn`t have put it better myself!!!:confused:

The nature of the ban is confusing me.

Is it banned just at Ibrox or is it Rangers fans banned from singing it at all grounds?

Now i heard the tune is banned, so surely if UEFA are imposing it it must be banned at all grounds. Its likely the mhanks will sing there Ha Ha version to wind up us, now if they do Im really hoping action gets taken against them but i wont hold my breath.

The other thing will be stopping it completely might take a while. Im sure you'll have a few fans who believe they have a right to sing it along with neds who will sing it because there neds. And most on here would agree that its a catching tune and when emotions get up at a game, hearing Hullo Hullo would be tempting to join in even if we did use proper Rangers words.

I hope common sense prevails.

The nature of the ban is confusing me.

Is it banned just at Ibrox or is it Rangers fans banned from singing it at all grounds?

Now i heard the tune is banned, so surely if UEFA are imposing it it must be banned at all grounds. Its likely the mhanks will sing there Ha Ha version to wind up us, now if they do Im really hoping action gets taken against them but i wont hold my breath.

The other thing will be stopping it completely might take a while. Im sure you'll have a few fans who believe they have a right to sing it along with neds who will sing it because there neds. And most on here would agree that its a catching tune and when emotions get up at a game, hearing Hullo Hullo would be tempting to join in even if we did use proper Rangers words.

I hope common sense prevails.

That is the horrible thing about it, it is such a powerfull\catchy song. If i am in the car i often catch myself singing it. My wife is Dutch and does not give a shit about football or religion but i have caught her singing the Billy boys. She has no idea what it is about or what it means but the tune is just lodged in your brain. We do have to try and kill it now though, for the good of Rangers Football Club.