New gers book to be published....

This is anything but nonesense , and to deny it as Maineflyer has said is just silly , it's public record and also RST minuted .

Here's what was minuted. Not quite the same as trying to discredit a former Board member and being unable to follow up 'accusations' which weren't made in the first place.

CS remarked that there was a small deficit this year (�£149) compared to a profit of �£4K last

year. This was due to the Trust�s annual dinner for 2009 being held after the business year

end date and the need to write off �£3,000 in auction prizes.

A member (***** *****) asked why the auction prizes had been written off. MD explained

that the items were handed over to the current Board after last year�s resignations but upon

investigation there appeared to be solid grounds for believing that the vast majority of the

framed football shirts and photographs ostensibly signed by famous players were fakes. The

Trust had immediately contacted the relevant authorities when the issue first came to light.

When contacted the former RST board member responsible for the stock could only recall the

name of one purchaser. We await approval of the authorities before disposing of the items

but this depends upon the conclusion of an ongoing fraud investigation and legal

proceedings.

David Edgar said at last year's AGM that the items were purchased by the ex-board member in question in good faith. I am unsure whether this is the view of the whole board, but perhaps if this was added to the minute, it would clarify the situation?

My recollection was that a majority (if not all) of the pieces that were bought from the one company that was already under investigation.

The way that the minute is written certainly is open to interpretation as it suggests that the items were purchased from a wide range of suppliers and only one was known, but this was not what I took from the meeting.

Here's what was minuted. Not quite the same as trying to discredit a former Board member and being unable to follow up 'accusations' which weren't made in the first place.

CS remarked that there was a small deficit this year (�£149) compared to a profit of �£4K last

year. This was due to the Trust’s annual dinner for 2009 being held after the business year

end date and the need to write off �£3,000 in auction prizes.

A member (***** *****) asked why the auction prizes had been written off. MD explained

that the items were handed over to the current Board after last year’s resignations but upon

investigation there appeared to be solid grounds for believing that the vast majority of the

framed football shirts and photographs ostensibly signed by famous players were fakes. The

Trust had immediately contacted the relevant authorities when the issue first came to light.

When contacted the former RST board member responsible for the stock could only recall the

name of one purchaser. We await approval of the authorities before disposing of the items

but this depends upon the conclusion of an ongoing fraud investigation and legal

proceedings.

''MD explained

that the items were handed over to the current Board after last year’s resignations but upon

framed football shirts and photographs ostensibly signed by famous players were fakes''

That looks like a blade between the ribs to me, especially knowing that the ex board member in question had to threaten legal action, at which point there was a rather rapid and silent retreat on the part of the profiteer and his henchmen.

David Edgar said at last year's AGM that the items were purchased by the ex-board member in question in good faith. I am unsure whether this is the view of the whole board, but perhaps if this was added to the minute, it would clarify the situation?

My recollection was that a majority (if not all) of the pieces that were bought from the one company that was already under investigation.

The way that the minute is written certainly is open to interpretation as it suggests that the items were purchased from a wide range of suppliers and only one was known, but this was not what I took from the meeting.

I don't think anyone who knows S would seriously believe that he did not purchase them in good faith. I spoke to him at the time and confirmed that to him. It's a pity people still feel the need to bring these things up but I can't sit and read untruths and exaggerations and stay quiet.

as a lifetime member I cannot tell you the last time I recieved either a text or e-mail .

We don't have a mobile number for you on record. In addition, we had a tiscali e-mail address which I've now changed to your hotmail one.

We don't have a mobile number for you on record. In addition, we had a tiscali e-mail address which I've now changed to your hotmail one.

It would be equally useful if you could stop sending your RST trash to non members who want nothing to do with you.

I don't think anyone who knows S would seriously believe that he did not purchase them in good faith. I spoke to him at the time and confirmed that to him. It's a pity people still feel the need to bring these things up but I can't sit and read untruths and exaggerations and stay quiet.

But surely it was your own RST colleagues who were doing most to discredit him and from whom he had to defend himself. That's the problem with an organization in continual conflict; long term inertia-dwellers like you increasingly find yourselves trying to defend all sides while they're at each others throat.

I'm no RST member, fan or apologist, but I honestly fail to see why this thread about a specific project should be used as a platform to start another RST slagging match. It's a bit of a poor show to continually bitch slap them at every given oppotunity IMHO. Someone only has to mention the 3 letters RST on a gers board and the bloody knives come out.