New gers book to be published....

The RST as it presently stands is a dead duck due to low membership numbers a largely apathetic support but by far the worst accusation weak leadership by certain individuals who put personal gain ahead of the RST's .

What happened a few years ago when the last board were ousted in what could be compared to the night of the long knives was a disgrace , Stalin wouldn't have run Russia the way this lot went about their business , committee's to oversee other board members , I know power corrupts but never in such a short space of time did so few get so paranoid so quickly .

The irony is that this present lot are doing the same things , certain board member's with the best of intentions ( I fully accept that ) worked away behind the scenes and without everyone's knowledge in the best interest's of the club , but the piont is you cant have it both ways , if you live by the sword then you must fall the same way.

Until as Maineflyer suggests there is open elections and this nonesense of coopting friends onto the board ends , the RST is going no where and the membership will continual to dwindle .

As a life member I am firmly commited to the aims and objectives of a properly run RST . this however isn't it , certain individuals tarnish it by their presence , this may not be a popular opinion but it is widely held .

The previous stratedgy of slaughtering Murray never worked as the vast majority of normal fans outside of internet land saw this as an attack on Rangers and it was always doomed to failure , the Radio and press in gerneral lapped it up , however some inside the RST do see a different way forward and perhaps in the full ness of time a new better RST can appear that has mass appeal , however for that to happen the interests of the club must come first , and unfortunately that will never happen .

Finally opinions of fans on internet forums are by and large worthless as we are in a tiny minority , until the wider support and in fact the club can be convinced of the worth while value of the RST in the long term , nothing will change .

As wabashcannonball stated nearly a year ago and though it sticks like a knife in my heart to write it , Murray is still the only game in town .

It just shows you how bad the RST is that every time they are mentioned(doesn't matter where or what board except FF), you will get a good number of people slagging it off.

The worse thing the RST could have ever done was align itself with �£�£. I'll admit at the time it probably was a good idea as �£�£ was the biggest site etc. BUT as soon as other boards came up and got bigger they should have also moved over to them OR just make their very own forum (which would have been the best idea).

The problem is that projects like this book where it could be the best thing ever and have absolutely no problems whatsoever will be tarnished because the RST are in on it. That just shows to me how bad it really is regarding the RST.

The problem is that projects like this book where it could be the best thing ever and have absolutely no problems whatsoever will be tarnished because the RST are in on it. That just shows to me how bad it really is regarding the RST.

If it was just unreasonable or reactionary people who criticised the RST, I think they would do well to ignore it. I just don't think that's the case. A lot of really genuine and charitable people I know just can't bring themselves to trust the trust, and I think anyone who's followed what's went on even slightly would feel hard pushed to say they weren't, at least in part, justified.

Play it again, Sam. You know, that line was never in the movie but people keep quoting it.:confused: Hope that's not too subtle for you maineflyer.

It's not actually subtle at all and you're not nearly as smart or as confident as you'd like us to believe. Anyway, I've had enough of this now.

The RST as it presently stands is a dead duck due to low membership numbers a largely apathetic support but by far the worst accusation weak leadership by certain individuals who put personal gain ahead of the RST's .

What happened a few years ago when the last board were ousted in what could be compared to the night of the long knives was a disgrace , Stalin wouldn't have run Russia the way this lot went about their business , committee's to oversee other board members , I know power corrupts but never in such a short space of time did so few get so paranoid so quickly .

The irony is that this present lot are doing the same things , certain board member's with the best of intentions ( I fully accept that ) worked away behind the scenes and without everyone's knowledge in the best interest's of the club , but the piont is you cant have it both ways , if you live by the sword then you must fall the same way.

Until as Maineflyer suggests there is open elections and this nonesense of coopting friends onto the board ends , the RST is going no where and the membership will continual to dwindle .

As a life member I am firmly commited to the aims and objectives of a properly run RST . this however isn't it , certain individuals tarnish it by their presence , this may not be a popular opinion but it is widely held .

The previous stratedgy of slaughtering Murray never worked as the vast majority of normal fans outside of internet land saw this as an attack on Rangers and it was always doomed to failure , the Radio and press in gerneral lapped it up , however some inside the RST do see a different way forward and perhaps in the full ness of time a new better RST can appear that has mass appeal , however for that to happen the interests of the club must come first , and unfortunately that will never happen .

Finally opinions of fans on internet forums are by and large worthless as we are in a tiny minority , until the wider support and in fact the club can be convinced of the worth while value of the RST in the long term , nothing will change .

As wabashcannonball stated nearly a year ago and though it sticks like a knife in my heart to write it , Murray is still the only game in town .

I agree with some of what you say. However, once again we have talk of people being ousted when that simply wasn't the case. I've said before, I think it was more down to a misunderstanding of something that was proposed at a meeting they weren't even at. We all want to move on but if this keeps coming up then I will always give my version of events.

I also never understand the personal gain thing. Being on the Board has cost me a fortune in terms of money and time. All I want is the best for the Club I love and I firmly believe in fan ownership and I do this willingly but personal gain? I wish.

Open elections? We've struggled since day one to get people to come forward. We've never required a 'competitive' election as we've simply never had more candidates than places available. Lots of people who have been approached because they have the skills required have said they simply don't have the time to get involved. As for co-opting friends, of the last 3 people to be co-opted one is a Chartered Accountant, the other two were proposed by me after I contacted one of them and the other contacted me. I didn't know them and they were not my friends but I felt they both had something to offer and I haven't been disappointed.

I think we have a huge task to get more supporters on board. Hopefully, at our AGM on 19th September we will be able to share our ideas.

It just shows you how bad the RST is that every time they are mentioned(doesn't matter where or what board except FF), you will get a good number of people slagging it off.

The worse thing the RST could have ever done was align itself with �£�£. I'll admit at the time it probably was a good idea as �£�£ was the biggest site etc. BUT as soon as other boards came up and got bigger they should have also moved over to them OR just make their very own forum (which would have been the best idea).

Craig, the original founders of the Trust all met via FF and the owner of the site was invited onto the Board I would presume to represent the online community. It's natural that there is a relationship there. I have tried in the last year to ensure that our members are made aware of anything first by using out e-mail service and putting things on our own site first. However, sometines things slip. We have a massive task ahead of us to show the Rangers support that we are a credible organisation. Most of us recognise that.