Can Scottish football sink any lower.

Fletcher was actually trying to be more influencial on the game, however his delivery was very poor and that aspect he did not impress me. Robson took over and didn't do great apart from the corner with the winning goal.

Fletcher tries to do too much in a Scotland jersey. He wants to fetch and carry from the back four, run the channels, support the strikers, spread the play, make defence splitting passes, the works. There are few footballers in the world who can do all that effectively and consistently. At Man U he mostly keeps it simple - why can't he do the same for the national team? God knows we could do with someone with a bit of composure in the middle because Scott Brown is a headless chicken.

Fletcher and Brown havent performed since 1) they moved from a right mid position to the centre and 2) Since Barry Ferguson hasnt been in the team.

I wonder how many "fans" would take Barry back in that team now....he is missed IMO. I was a slight critic of Ferguson for Rangers at times as he wanted to do everything, but for me he was always better for Scotland than Rangers as he just seemed to get on with his game more easily for Scotland.

But would Ferguson bring us the creative and attacking element we need just now? I don't think there's much doubt that he's a more talented player than Brown or Fletcher, but I'm not sure if he's the one to solve the problem tbh. On the basis of those two games, Charlie Adam would be a better bet to play in the middle for the next match.

I liked the look of Morrison when he came on last night, was much more direct and energetic than anyone else.

No he wouldn't of course but he'd provide the ball recycling platform to bring such players into the game.

Fletcher and Brown appear incapable of doing either that or the creative/attacking work. McCulloch has been our best best midfielder in the two games.

No idea why Adam or Dorrans weren't utilised. Morrison looked good but lacked focus; plenty potential though.

Some people seem unable to seperate pesimism from realism, the reality is that we were bossed by a country with a population about on a par with Partick, anyone who can point out any differently, I am all ears, having heard some of leveins other comments this morning, my fears for the future have increased10x.

No point in expecting a press which is reliant on the gravy train....to even begin to give an honest appraisal or comment on the managers abundant shortcomings.

Some people seem unable to seperate pesimism from realism, the reality is that we were bossed by a country with a population about on a par with Partick, anyone who can point out any differently, I am all ears, having heard some of leveins other comments this morning, my fears for the future have increased10x.

No point in expecting a press which is reliant on the gravy train....to even begin to give an honest appraisal or comment on the managers abundant shortcomings.

On the contrary. I just don't subscribe to the harbinger of doom sentiments you set out in your original post.

When you consider we are still run by committee's it says it all really , the Highland league , East coast league , club's like berwick and god knows who else . What chance do we have we are stuck in the 50's .

We need a clear out and a professional set up akin to a major club , but it will never happen the blazers like Bankers and MP's are all about self and until the fans stop going nothing will change .