RST capitulates in front of the oppostition

Guest Northampton_loyalist

David Edgar was on FF last night explaining that he had been totally misquoted and that the paper had refused to amend the article prior to publication. I will dig it out and post it here.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Does that sound like something I'd say?

I've already contacted MEN asking for that to be removed.

The guy asked me how I thought the game would go, and I said realistically it's unlikely we'll win, and that a point would be a great result. That might be defeatist to some, but it's my opinion. I also said that if you could only afford one away trip, the attitude of GMP makes Valencia a far better option.

It appears as if a few quotes have been re-modelled, cutted and shunted to make something more attractive.

But it's odd - didn't think so many on FF took everything they read in the Press as literal gospel!

D x

for people swift to condemn the written media, some seem to be all to happy to take them at face value when it suits.

for people swift to condemn the written media, some seem to be all to happy to take them at face value when it suits.

I don't think anyone here is particularly naive about the inventiveness of our media and no doubt the RST isn't immune to it. However, most 'spokesmen' take that into account before before they offer opinions they later regret. Could the naivety you mention be more usefully directed at those whose role it is to interact with the media?

Maybe our fans should just behave then and not rise to the provocation - we can never win and ultimately badly lose.

Advice that certainly doesn't apply to the GMP or the Spanish police, both of whom seem able to behave atrociously without the excuse of provocation .... of the three, only the Turks seem to have any capacity for reasonable behaviour.

Maybe our fans should just behave then and not rise to the provocation - we can never win and ultimately badly lose.

Impractical advice. As many fights, whether on the street or full scale wars, have came about as much over loss of face as they have over personal interest. That people will almost always respond to provocation is human or any animal nature, and the reason why most police forces in the developed world don't use heavy handed tactics, at least with people of their own nationality.