Our message of support in the Danish national press

Alrighty troops. Amanda e-mailed me this afternoon to say that, after mentioning it to her partner, they put out a message on the Danish Press Agency wire thing that a group of fans had got together to send a message of support to Brian. This was picked up by the country's biggest tabloid and the Danish equivalent of the Financial Times. She says that, given the stature of the newspapers involved, it's more than likely he'll read about the message before it's published tomorrow.

The links and a google tranlsation are below:

Ekstra Bladet, the country’s biggest tabloid! http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/skotland/article1411120.ece

B�¸rsen, the Danish equivalent of the Financial Times: http://borsen.dk/nyheder/weekend_og_nat/natteside/artikel/ritzau/3/R2GL-89BE6P273165.html

It also seems to have be picked up by the rest of the press in Denmark:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=-fans+st%C3%B8tter+kr%C3%A6ftramt+Laudrup%E2%80%99&meta=

Brian Laudrup has a large space in the hearts of fans of the Scottish football club Glasgow Rangers, where he played from 1994-1998.

The news that the former top pills has been diagnosed with lymphomas, has been Rangers fans to come together and back Brian Laudrup up publicly.

In an advertisement in the English-language newspaper Copenhagen Post, published today, Wednesday, expresses Rangers fans their sympathy with Brian Laudrup.

- Players and fans of Glasgow Rangers have long seen themselves as members of a unique family, and as in all families received the news of a brother in trouble with anxiety and sadness, says in the ad.

- How was it all in and around the Rangers when we were told that our special brother from Denmark has initiated a battle against cancer.

Fans recognize that illness is a personal matter for Brian Laudrup and his family, but expresses a need to endorse a player who has meant so much for the club.

- There are people in all corners of the world who have Brian Laudrup in their hearts and their prayers.

- Rangers family opens its heart to you, Brian, and wish that you may have strength to win this battle you have won so many others.

The news of Brian Laudrup's illness came last week. In a press statement he said that he has been diagnosed with a mild type of lymphoma, but both doctors and he is optimistic.

It's great that she's done this. Great work guys, great idea MF.

Edited by bmck

Haha, I was trying my best to act normal too :confused::whistle:

Only joking. Seriously, it's been a pleasure to see how folks on this website are prepared to get things done when the opportunity arises. By their actions shall you know them - and I'm a bit wiser today. Well done bmck.

This seems to be growing arms and legs which is unbelievable. Amanda seems to have worked extremely hard when it would've been easier for her to ignore Bmcks initial email.

We should club together and send her a bunch of flowers as a gesture of our appreciation.

I'm chuffed and extremely proud to be a Rangers fan and Gersnet poster after the message of support sent to Laurdrup.

Frankie, Barry, if you see anything mentioned in the Scottish press can you let me know? You seem to be on top of things like that. :thup:

This seems to be growing arms and legs which is unbelievable. Amanda seems to have worked extremely hard when it would've been easier for her to ignore Bmcks initial email.

We should club together and send her a bunch of flowers as a gesture of our appreciation.

I'm chuffed and extremely proud to be a Rangers fan and Gersnet poster after the message of support sent to Laurdrup.

Frankie, Barry, if you see anything mentioned in the Scottish press can you let me know? You seem to be on top of things like that. :thup:

Sign up for google alerts and they'll ping you search results as often as you want them!

Sexpest.

Seriously though I can only reiterate, top work from those involved. I hadn't realised it would be picked up in the way it has and I am sure this'll mean a lot to the great man himself.