RST AGM Tomorrow

Guest Dylanger

I think you can get a new group of Bears who want to work together at some stage-for some for different reasons they will never work together-I draw the line at certain things and for me I would totally ignore anything involving certain parties imho it will not end well...still I've been wrong before but I doubt it... imho leopards don't change their spots.

We agree that the RST is at its lowest ebb without being a smart arse I expected as much-with any decent amount of life experience you can look ahead and make a rough guess at to how things will unfold.

I guess what I'm saying is that because of the nature of things you are dealing with ripple effects when it comes to perception of the RST. A lot of that is down to the lack of transparency and direct communication from within the RST as such you've got something of a vacuum and people are filling that with historical perceptions. The current MD issue for example is historical...it is very unlikely to happen again.

I guess what I'm saying is the era of the old regime which I would describe as the RST/FF protest model is effectively ending. This started just as I was leaving the board in Oct. 2009-as events have unfolded this situation has developed, the changes take time but key personnel are leaving the RST-newer people are coming in and there remains those I'd value to both to continue to do the donkey work and work in the best interests of the Trust. Of course there remains further change and that may be problematic with further public squabbling but change is inevitable. I think also what is not recognised is that people (whom I've seen criticised) have been trying to get off the board for a while but have been held back by lack of replacements-I think it also has to be recognised not every board member that leaves states publically their reflection on their own performance etc etc

I agree with you in general terms but where have these offers been? Where are the candidates saying I'll go on the RST board and do a job? It was transparently the case internally that they were looking for help-I canvassed myself to try and bring different people on board and failed.

You have to accept it is very problematic for the current board to look at any web initiatives and take much from them. It can only be done through Trust members.

The leadership issue is key, fundamental and the single biggest thing the current board have to get right.

Edited by Dylanger