Kyle glad Pool bid snubbed

Apparently telling it like it is constitutes never being able to take to him.

In your case yeah. I don't believe a word of your quite honorable attempts at being magnanimous. You probably even believe yourself that you'll change your mind if you see appropriate evidence.

But then you wouldn't hear a word against Kris Boyd so I'm not going to bother reasoning with you on this.

Oh, and 'telling it like it is' still equals an opinion even if you have someone else agreeing with you. So kindly don't convey your view as fact.

For the record, I am not a huge fan of Lafferty, I just don't like him being unfairly judged in ways others aren't - I support him like I support all players in our colours. He gets way more abuse than most.

Don't talk mince and you wont be groaned at. ;)

I was serious. Where it comes to the whole Lafferty/Boyd issue, we will always be on opposite sides.

Just because I don't expect Lafferty to prove me wrong, does not mean I would not prefer he did. What's good for him is good for Rangers at the end of the day.

I honestly think you believe what you're telling yourself here.

There is a section of the support, mostly on online forums truth be told, who hate Lafferty - and that will never change because in 2 years it hasn't despite him delivering on plenty of occasions.

I also find they're the same ones who adored/adore Boyd.

Edit: Lol, posted this as you wer eposting your second Boyd post (in defence of Lafferty :confused:).

In your case yeah. I don't believe a word of your quite honorable attempts at being magnanimous. You probably even believe yourself that you'll change your mind if you see appropriate evidence.

But then you wouldn't hear a word against Kris Boyd so I'm not going to bother reasoning with you on this.

Oh, and 'telling it like it is' still equals an opinion even if you have someone else agreeing with you. So kindly don't convey your view as fact.

For the record, I am not a huge fan of Lafferty, I just don't like him being unfairly judged in ways others aren't - I support him like I support all players in our colours. He gets way more abuse than most.

Its funny though, because I look at many posters like yourself and think if they can back Lafferty so strongly, a man who has done very little for Rangers, why do they not show the same support for Boyd? :confused:

My approach to Boyd could be considered to be very similar to your's for Lafferty. I would however argue that Boyd has done more to be deserving of such support than Lafferty.

It's not that I wont hear a word against Boyd. It's that I dont understand how you can be a massive Lafferty fan and yet not particularly fussed about a player who has contributed far more than he. The facts do not seem to fit the conclusion you have drawn imo (with regards to being a huge Lafferty fan) and not much of a Boyd fan.

I would also actually argue, as a generalisation (there are of course fans who feel and act towards Lafferty how you feel I do), that Lafferty's support is greater and abuse less for a man who has contributed what he has when measured against many of his recent colleagues.

Edited by Super_Ally

I give up, if you're just going to read what you see and not what's there there's not much point continuing the debate.

Fair do's.

However, since your last post which I had not read before making mine I would further add that if anyone was a fan of neither Lafferty nor Boyd I could at least follow their logic.

But to be a massive fan of Kyle yet not Kris is difficult for me to compute.

In simple terms say we classed Boyd's contribution to Rangers as a 7/10 then so far in his Rangers career Lafferty would be what, maybe a 3? I just genuinely cannot fathom why Lafferty is deserving of such support when better Rangers are not.

Where are all the fans who stream on to defend Lafferty's honour when McCulloch, Broadfoot or Whittaker get it in the neck. For my money, again, they have all contributed more. There are, once again imo, few senior members of the squad who have not done more, who have not been better value for money, or do not have a poorer good contribution:bad contribution ratio in their Rangers career than LAfferty.

That's not hatred of him. It's just how I see it.

He's fcuked up. A lot.

He's also scored a few important goals, (which though as Craig pointed out we would most likely have won those leagues anyway and others made bigger league winning contributions).

So far there is more in the bad column than the good for Kyle.

That's just how it is. But it has been a while since his last off field indiscretion and perhaps his hat trick can be a signal of intent for the coming months on the pitch.

I don't hate him, but right now I am disappointed in how he has represented himself and the club since he has been here. The manager rates him, though, so he'll get plenty of chances to cancel out the negatives.

I was serious. Where it comes to the whole Lafferty/Boyd issue, we will always be on opposite sides.

I honestly think you believe what you're telling yourself here.

There is a section of the support, mostly on online forums truth be told, who hate Lafferty - and that will never change because in 2 years it hasn't despite him delivering on plenty of occasions.

I also find they're the same ones who adored/adore Boyd.

The rest of your post I dont disagree with. But all these statements about him playing well consistently or "delivering on plenty occasions" is not stretching the truth, but is outright nonsense (no offence).

Lafferty HAS NOT "delivered on plentry of occasions". Sorry, but that just isnt true unless, as I said previously, 6 decent games (if that) is "plenty of occasions".

I dont want to get on Lafferty's back but it is hard to see you as being objective when you are being nothing short of economical with those type of statements.

Edit: Lol, posted this as you wer eposting your second Boyd post (in defence of Lafferty :confused:).

Its funny though, because I look at many posters like yourself and think if they can back Lafferty so strongly, a man who has done very little for Rangers, why do they not show the same support for Boyd? :confused:

My approach to Boyd could be considered to be very similar to your's for Lafferty. I would however argue that Boyd has done more to be deserving of such support than Lafferty.

It's not that I wont hear a word against Boyd. It's that I dont understand how you can be a massive Lafferty fan and yet not particularly fussed about a player who has contributed far more than he. The facts do not seem to fit the conclusion you have drawn imo (with regards to being a huge Lafferty fan) and not much of a Boyd fan.

I would also actually argue, as a generalisation (there are of course fans who feel and act towards Lafferty how you feel I do), that Lafferty's support is greater and abuse less for a man who has contributed what he has when measured against many of his recent colleagues.

Danny, though, said he isnt a huge Laffety fan. Seems to me that rather than trying to defend Laffety he is trying to defend the fact that we, as Gers fans, dont give unequivocal and balanced support to all players.

Me, personally, think that the two are different issues. One is supporting all Gers players through thick and thin whilst the other is more about being critical when it is deserved. I dont think that anyone could disagree that Lafferty has deserved criticism, but then many Gers players have in the past too.

Danny, though, said he isnt a huge Laffety fan. Seems to me that rather than trying to defend Laffety he is trying to defend the fact that we, as Gers fans, dont give unequivocal and balanced support to all players.

Me, personally, think that the two are different issues. One is supporting all Gers players through thick and thin whilst the other is more about being critical when it is deserved. I dont think that anyone could disagree that Lafferty has deserved criticism, but then many Gers players have in the past too.

At the football I believe in supporting the team on the field, no matter what.

In the pub and on a messageboard I believe support for players and indeed criticism should reflect their contribution as a player and their other actions that reflect upon the club.

He states it's funny that most Boyd fans seem to give Lafferty a hard time. From my perspective I find it odd that people can hold Lafferty in greater esteem and give him greater support than players who have contributed more. I would suggest that my view of events more closely represents the facts.