Death Threats and David Edgar

Every newspaper receive the same PR blurb and it's up to them to run it if they want, and choose which bits of it to go with if they choose to do so.

The vast majority of threats I ever received were from Celtic/Sheep fans - for example, the meat package.

Any questions, fire away, I am more than happy to answer them

SO the newspaper have twisted it to effectively look like Rangers fans did more of the distasteful stuff. Obviously it's all bang out of order, but why have the paper represented it as if the specific stories the mention were perpetrated by other Rangers fans. Annoying cunts.

SO the newspaper have twisted it to effectively look like Rangers fans did more of the distasteful stuff. Obviously it's all bang out of order, but why have the paper represented it as if the specific stories the mention were perpetrated by other Rangers fans. Annoying cunts.

Listen I like David Edgar , I have liked what he has said in defence of the club and supporters , I feel sorry that his private life has suffered in any way . However he more than anyone should know how the press operate , especially this rag .

He has done this piece for one reason . publicity for his book , which in turn equates to money.

Why do we have so many of our own trying to make money from the back of the club , �£�£ ,podcasts , T shirts , now books , I am sick of the lot of them , what's next Karaoke with Mark and David , pathetic:(

Listen I like David Edgar , I have liked what he has said in defence of the club and supporters , I feel sorry that his private life has suffered in any way . However he more than anyone should know how the press operate , especially this rag .

He has done this piece for one reason . publicity for his book , which in turn equates to money.

Why do we have so many of our own trying to make money from the back of the club , �£�£ ,podcasts , T shirts , now books , I am sick of the lot of them , what's next Karaoke with Mark and David , pathetic:(

Don't disagree with that just fecked off at the press myself . Horrible shower of arseholes.

Don't disagree with that just fecked off at the press myself . Horrible shower of arseholes.

It's the NOTW why expect anything else , now if it transpires that the excuse is that it was a pr company who bumped it round the media , why has no other paper touched it and given David's very good contacts he would known this was a likely outcome and therefore ,surely have known to have a word or two with his publishers to make sure stuff like this doesn't get out, or at the very least to have made sure they checked with him before giving the ok

Can't believe anyone's blaming the NOTW. If you think the blurb didn't point them specifically to the pages that could be sensationalised in that manner, they wouldn't be doing their job to publicise the book on behalf of their client.

Did he actually go to NOTW or did they just copy and paste a bit out it?

not nice getting threats I'd guess.

David's publisher's provided a blurb to all media sources and they decided which parts to concentrate on. Of course it isn't nice getting threats and anyone would be disgusted with such behaviour; no matter the source of them.

Whether or not this book helps the current reputation of the Trust, I'm not so sure but only David Edgar can say why he wrote it.

OK the guy has written a book, that is DEs choice.

What I don't understand, if it was so bad with death threats etc. that it ruined his marraige, and upset his life so much. Why bring it all back into the public eye, it will not make things any easier for him.

But then perhaps he likes the publicity.