Thank you for comments on my statements

Who is/was the executive group, do they in effect make the final decision on any direction to be taken on any issue, without having to put anything to anyone, i.e. without any controls over their remit.

I would imagine it would be similar to the Takeover group that was formed within Rangers? I would assume they would still be answerable to the whole board? You would hope so anyway.

I would imagine it would be similar to the Takeover group that was formed within Rangers? I would assume they would still be answerable to the whole board? You would hope so anyway.

Apparently not if they were withholding alleged business plans/documents from all and sundry.

I will say it again, the rst has gone well beyond any form of redemption or resurrection, it should be put to sleep swiftly and with as little pain as possible.

Attention seeking or whistleblowing - the cynic in me thinks the the first part is true.

Although mistakes have been made, legal advice has cleared the board of any wrong doing so I cannot see what a very public slanging match will achieve!

I could be way off here, however, it seems to me you had issues with certain personalities on the board and didn't have the baws to stand up to them face to face. Instead you made play on the current feelings about the trust on Internet forums. Indeed, Christine has challenged you on this very forum and your come back has been somewhat apologetic which tells me you're feeling guilty for igniting something any professional business man could have dealt without the drama.

The fact that he has acted properly and with dignity in respect to debating with PLGsarmy is hardly an admission of some sort of guilt here. Christine has also been challenged plenty on this forum and come up wanting so how his conversations with her favour the RST and not his side of the argument I do not know.

Apparently not if they were withholding alleged business plans/documents from all and sundry.

I will say it again, the rst has gone well beyond any form of redemption or resurrection, it should be put to sleep swiftly and with as little pain as possible.

I said I wasn't going to answer any more questions on these threads but as I created this new thread and since this is not directly related to the accounts or my resignation and is in no way privileged information, I can say that the Management Executive Committe (MEC) was formed in February 2010 with a remit approved by the full Board principally to deliver the agreed action of the Board between Board meetings.

The members were Gordon Dinnie, Vice Chair, myself as Secretary, Mark Dingwall, Gordon Stewart, Kenny park and Andrew McIntyre.

It met on 10 occasions between 16 February and 26 May, 2010.

Ellis was discussed on numerous occasions and the point I was making is that no business plan was ever put on the table for discussion.

So if one was in existence, it was not withheld by the MEC.

I hope this clarifies that matter.

I said I wasn't going to answer any more questions on these threads but as I created this new thread and since this is not directly related to the accounts or my resignation and is in no way privileged information, I can say that the Management Executive Committe (MEC) was formed in February 2010 with a remit approved by the full Board principally to deliver the agreed action of the Board between Board meetings.

The members were Gordon Dinnie, Vice Chair, myself as Secretary, Mark Dingwall, Gordon Stewart, Kenny park and Andrew McIntyre.

It met on 10 occasions between 16 February and 26 May, 2010.

Ellis was discussed on numerous occasions and the point I was making is that no business plan was ever put on the table for discussion.

So if one was in existence, it was not withheld by the MEC.

I hope this clarifies that matter.

No BH, it doesn't, the claim has been made that MD was in receipt of a business plan/proposal from ellis, that is either true or it is bollox, if by some extreme chance it is true, that document was obviously withheld, as you clearly state you had and have no knowledge of any such document in your tenure as an executive member.

Simple equation looks as if, again if this alleged document existed, said executive committee was no more than a sop given by those who wield the real power in the rsa............just another possible example of alleged duplicity.....stinks doesn't even begin to cover it. :(

You were the rst official contact with ellis were you not.

Edited by wabashcannonball

No BH, it doesn't, the claim has been made that MD was in receipt of a business plan/proposal from ellis, that is either true or it is bollox, if by some extreme chance it is true, that document was obviously withheld, as you clearly state you had and have no knowledge of any such document in your tenure as an executive member.

Simple equation looks as if, again if this alleged document existed, said executive committee was no more than a sop given by those who wield the real power in the rsa............just another possible example of alleged duplicity.....stinks doesn't even begin to cover it. :(

You were the rsa official contact with ellis were you not.

I can confirm that I was the RST official contact with Ellis' representative in Guernsey and that I did not receive a business plan. If any member of the Board had such a plan then it was not presented to the MEC or the Board during my time in office; beyond that I cannot speculate.

That appears to be the crux of the matter BH,...... to the rank and file all we have to go on is speculation.... a very good reason why the rst should be liquidated, certainly one way of drawing a line under the "speculation".

Just a question, do you have an agenda/bias towards the RSA.

To my knowledge he is correct although I was not part of the Executive Group so I can't confirm that.

How many board members are there and how much work is involved ? Is there really any need for an Executive group ?

Genuinely curious. Why not just have the full board involved in that work ?

My company do have excom and board committees - but then I know how much work is needed to go into all this work.

How do the Trust determine who is on the executive board ?

How many board members are there and how much work is involved ? Is there really any need for an Executive group ?

Genuinely curious. Why not just have the full board involved in that work ?

My company do have excom and board committees - but then I know how much work is needed to go into all this work.

How do the Trust determine who is on the executive board ?

There can be up to 20 on the Board but we are a few places short at the moment. It's often very difficult getting this size of group round a table, I mean in terms of work and family commitments, geographical locations etc. Also, agendas were getting longer and longer at each meeting. It was decided to split into 3 groups each linked to our overall aims and reporting to the full Board.

One of the teams was looking at building relationships with a view to furthering our aim of supporters representation and fan ownership. When the Mr Big (for want of a better word) came up, it was clear that this required more than a once a month meeting and the Executive Committee was formed primarily from that team. It was felt that there was a good range of old and new Board members, office bearers and non-office bearers and, most importantly, people with the relevant skills and contacts.

How much work is involved? I think you'd be surprised at the amount. Obviously there are peaks and troughs and some Board members are more actively involved than others. It's impossible to say but I would guess, from a personal perspective that I am involved in RST work almost every day. Some days it might be 30 minutes, others it can be five hours. It's too difficult to quantify.