... what an amazing start we've had to the season?

10 games in and we've won 9 and drawn one is something we rarely see - and that draw was at Old Trafford at a time when the gap in wages for the two teams has never been wider (our's is about 20M, their's is about 125M, so second string arguments look incredibly petty in that light).

I realise everyone will have noticed but the lack of acknowledgement on this board takes me aback somewhat. It would seem to be something to celebrate but perhaps it's muted by Celtic matching us domestically and pipping us at the top of the league by a solitary goal. But even their parallel success is worthy of stopping and taking notice. Both teams winning 7 out of the first 7 is probably a rarity hardly seen once in a generation.

I don't expect a string of sycophantic Silver Fox soliloquies, but when the only thread on him is snidely complaining about his youth record ironically because he signed another youth, there does seem a bit of a mismatch.

It was therefore gratifying to read the amusing articles on Sportingo and Rangers Media, who for once gave Rangers some credit where credit is due against the tide of negative propaganda not only from the press and fans of other teams, but also from a large and extremely hard to please section of our own fans.

Even a blog belonging to an ex referee from Middlesburgh has been a refreshingly positive read - there's a guy who seems to be becoming more and more amorous with Rangers, the more games he watches in stark contrast with many Ibrox regulars.

I for one am really enjoying this season so far and just wish Setanta were still around to allow me to watch each game rather than the pitiful four minute highlights. By many accounts we seem to be playing some great stuff as well as putting a shift in most games in a way that we can never be discounted even when our backs are against the wall.

At the risk of being called a "fanboy", I'd like to congratulate Walter on an amazing start to the season that would have had another manger like PLG hailed as a genius.

Its the most entertaining start for years - Wattie is a wily old fox who managed to hold the fort through two barren (financially speaking) years and he has now got us playing with a bit of flair.

I'm usually a glass half empty type of guy but after 60 minutes against Man U I just knew we were going to get a result.

Same with the sheepshaggers and hertz - I wasnt panicking in the slightest and my gut feeling at 2-0 and 1-0 was that we were still going to win.

I havent felt that way since the days of Laudrup and Co.

Aside from the results we have achieved - some more difficult than others, but a win is a win...

What can't be ignored is the manner in which we are playing. For the most part we are creating a shed load of chances and look like scoring at will.

We are playing with flair but also with much fluidity about us - and much of the credit for that should go to Naismith - the start he has had has been nothing short of sublime. Always offering himself for the ball but the timing of his runs from deep is causing opposition defences a ton of problems.

Hopefully Jelavic's injury wont curtail the manner of our play.

It is very pleasing how we have this never-say-die attitude and will to win about us - and it was there for all to see on Sunday with the reaction of not just the players but the management staff when Naismith bagged the winner.

Celtic won't be easy pushovers this season as Lennon will get more out of them than Mowbray - but when you look at the games played thus far we have had the more difficult run IMO - Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts away is about as difficult as it could get with the only other away game that 'should' be difficult being Dundee Utd and, possibly, Motherwell.

After the 2nd round of games is when to judge where both teams are - but 7 wins from 7 in the SPL whilst also having 4 points from 6 in the CL is a fine, fine start to the season - and one most of us would never have seen coming.

trophies aren't won in October.

They should be. The League Cup should be played in Octo and reward the form team at that stage of the season.

But yeah I think the start has been top notch, as Craig says we have had a bit of a tougher run than Celtic with 4 away games with 3 of them as tough as it gets - Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. Their real test is when they have to travel to those grounds.

We started pretty slowly but there's no doubt we've grown as a unit and we've played some superb attacking football at times.

Defensively we've been less consistent but have kept our best form there for the CL which has proven useful!

Lots of hard work to go though!

I've been personally rather amazed how we're doing tbh. Not only are we competing against the cream of Europe every second week in the CL and maintaining an imperious domestic campaign, not only that, but we're doing all this with practically half the size of squad Celtic have.

Both sides have a 100% record this season, but we're doing it under much greater pressure and with a far smaller squad.

I don't think this team is being given a quarter of the credit it's due.