McGregor, the BBC, SFA and the wider implications�

What point have I missed?

I'm sorry if I can't take a supposedly serious essay which compares the fate of Bears in 21st century Scotland to that of the Jews in 30's and 40's Germany.

Is he comparing the fate of these two groups??? Or is he comparing the manipulation of the media and the effect of gross propaganda??? The latter I think ... Which seems to me to be where you missed the point.

Is he comparing the fate of these two groups??? Or is he comparing the manipulation of the media and the effect of gross propaganda??? The latter I think ... Which seems to me to be where you missed the point.

Exactly mf

Guest TheWorthyEd

The one's who matter in this situation (and who miss the point on a regular basis) are the Board of Directors of Rangers Football Club.

Why is it that every Rangers supporter and his/her granny can see what's going on here, yet the ones in charge at Ibrox can't?

Worse still............do they actually care that we've been deprived of our best goalkeeper (and the best in Scotland by a distance) for a crucial league game because of some unnamed 'grass' with an axe to grind?

I truly despair at the lack of backbone within the halls of power at Rangers.......I really do.

All we are asking for is transparency and equality.

Almost every Bear I have spoken to agrees that McShagger was a prick however it's the sneaky underhand way in which he was prosecuted which is the problem.

It's a fundamental principle of British justice where an accused can face his accusers.

In this instance whoever reported him, and it wasn't the officials or Aberdeen FC, are being afforded anonymity, as are the people who sat in judgement of him.

That is never right in 2010 and exactly the kind of action which feeds mistrust and suspicion.

Anyone who can't see that is, I suggest, deliberately missing the point.

Do we expect anything less from those self-serving egotists at the higher echelons of the Scottish game? I think Leggo sums it up nicely - it isn't enough to simply act transparently, you have to demonstrate that you have acted transparently as well. Normally these things are done much more openly yet for some unknown reason, this has been flouted. If there is a reasonable explanation for this situation, let us hear it now. The longer this continues, the murkier the waters become.

I think everyone agrees McGregor"s part in this is pure stupidity and indeed he should have been punished by Rangers as well as he could have jeopardised the game and who knows the league.

My view on the SFA ban is i have no problem with it if the complaint came from officials of the clubs or SFA observers who witnessed it. It cannot be that Journalists or supporters of opposing teams can watch each game with a magnifying glass and then send in a complaint to the SFA and get it taken seriously. That is walking down a very slippery slope in my eyes. If the SFA want to adopt a video disciplinary system then neutral officials should be made to view the match within 24-48 hours and then act. Not 10 days( or whatever) later by a chat in the pub.

Guest piagio2000

Maybe so....but points do tend to get lost in hyperbole, especially hyperbole laid on as thick as that.