Does following Scotland at home, away or both make you more Scottish than someone (like me) who doesn't goto or intend going to any Scotland games?

The reason I'm asking is because I was having a "discussion" with a boy at work. He goes to most home matches depending on his shifts and some away games (shifts and money stopping him going to more) and was adamant he was "more Scottish" than me because I "don't want to support Scotland" which is a total lie. I ALWAYS want Scotland to win but for a few reasons I choose not to spend my money on watching them.

Thoughts.

You BuddyTheElf on GF?

I don't get that attitude. Are all fans the same? No.

Work and finances don't stop me going to watch Scotland. I just don't care enough. I would still classify myself as a fan and want them to win, but when they lose, I've forgotten about it in 5 minutes. There is not the same highs and lows as there is in following Rangers. I'm a far bigger Rangers fan than I am a Scotland fan, and I don't have a problem in saying that. The guys who get much more involved with the Scotland team, either by spending time going to see the games and being more emotional are bigger fans than me.

Likewise the guy whose only involvement with Rangers is switching on the TV at 5pm each Saturday and hoping that they have won are not as big fans as the guys like us who live and breathe it each day or the ones who go home and away each week.

Stop asking me hard questions when I'm full of the CIDER:), I think I agree with regards to not caring enough to follow Scotland as I care more about the Rangers than I do Scotland..................fuxsake I need to stop now:onetoomany: :)

Depends its usually the bloody refs in the Scotland games that piss me off into a manner of depression. However my club side I can get used to stupid errors week in week out as the standard of SPL ref's is tosh. Rangers work through and win matches Scotland can't as the quality is pretty poor.

I don't get that attitude. Are all fans the same? No.

Work and finances don't stop me going to watch Scotland. I just don't care enough. I would still classify myself as a fan and want them to win, but when they lose, I've forgotten about it in 5 minutes. There is not the same highs and lows as there is in following Rangers. I'm a far bigger Rangers fan than I am a Scotland fan, and I don't have a problem in saying that. The guys who get much more involved with the Scotland team, either by spending time going to see the games and being more emotional are bigger fans than me.

Likewise the guy whose only involvement with Rangers is switching on the TV at 5pm each Saturday and hoping that they have won are not as big fans as the guys like us who live and breathe it each day or the ones who go home and away each week.

I'd agree with that, although I think the point was whether supporting the Scotland football team made you more "Scottish" which I find bizarre. I know people who have no interest in football but are no less "Scottish" than some of the idiots who go to games.

Seriously, if you want to be "Scottish", there's not many more enjoyable days out than Murrayfield during the Six Nations ;):drink:

Does following Scotland at home, away or both make you more Scottish than someone (like me) who doesn't goto or intend going to any Scotland games?

The reason I'm asking is because I was having a "discussion" with a boy at work. He goes to most home matches depending on his shifts and some away games (shifts and money stopping him going to more) and was adamant he was "more Scottish" than me because I "don't want to support Scotland" which is a total lie. I ALWAYS want Scotland to win but for a few reasons I choose not to spend my money on watching them.

Thoughts.

Thoughts? Your colleague is a fanny! :giruy:

In most walks of life I find those who feel the need to proclaim themselves as being bigger, better, faster, more skilful at something or other, are usually a mixture of paranoid, delusional, arrogant, self-serving egotists who attach themselves to individuals or groups of people as they try desperately to fill some void in their lives they are incapable of doing themselves. As an example, think of every twat who tells you proudly that they are "mad" and regale you with all the bonkers (cringing?) things they got up to at the weekend.

Either that or he was just winding you up! :spl:

I'd agree with that, although I think the point was whether supporting the Scotland football team made you more "Scottish" which I find bizarre. I know people who have no interest in football but are no less "Scottish" than some of the idiots who go to games.

Seriously, if you want to be "Scottish", there's not many more enjoyable days out than Murrayfield during the Six Nations ;):drink:

Surely being born in Scotland makes you Scottish are more Scottish people born twice or something?

As for BD's point about people who go to games are bigger fans i don't agree with that they are only Geographically and possibly financially in a better position.

As for BD's point about people who go to games are bigger fans i don't agree with that they are only Geographically and possibly financially in a better position.

That was only part of what I said. Where geography or finance come into play the more relevant part is "the guy whose only involvement with Rangers is switching on the TV at 5pm each Saturday and hoping that they have won are not as big fans as the guys like us who live and breathe it each day".

I was talking about this the other day with my mates. I just dont have the same feeling inside me watching Scotland as I do watching Rangers. I enjoy the odd trip to Hampden to see Scotland but theres no way id spend money on going to every game home and away. I did say though, that i'd like to go to one Scotland away game while im still relatively young.