Brown - We must accept apology

Bit odd in that he played with O'Donnel. However he has a point, what does a footballer in Scotland dying ( a mediocre one at that) have to do with Forest???

No doubt Celtic will require a postponement to this weekends game to get over the offence caused.

The whole of the UK were holding a minute's silence before their matches S_A. It's not being remembered because he died as such, it's because he died on the football pitch. Calderwood basically made a tit of himself & was forced into backtracking and making apologies. O'Donnell might not have been a footballing genius or anything & yes, he did play for Celtic, but that doesn't mean that people in professional football shouldn't show some respect and join in a minute's silence to remember a dedicated pro-footballer who died tragically while playing the great game on the pitch.

Sorry Ally...they won't require a postponement as they don't have any key players suspended, come to think of it...they don't have any key players!!

Aye, they know when to take advantage of a tragic event.

Being honest Zappa, I only posted as an excuse to take a shot at Celtic. :o

However, did everyone hold a silence for Marc Vivien Foe (there's a hyphen in there somewhere isn't there? :confused:). And I think that was Calderwood's point.

If that was Calderwood's point is wasn't a very good one. Foe died during the summer outwith our football season & he's been remembered by several of his clubs including City. He was also remembered by his Country.

I also think that Calderwood has a point. I don't see that we should hold a minute's silence for an English footballer that has nothing to with our club or Scotland, for example.

Sorry but I fail to see why there should be a minute's silence for someone just because he dies on a football pitch. I don't see that it deserves any more respect than if he had died at home. Both places are equally tragic.

If that was Calderwood's point is wasn't a very good one. Foe died during the summer outwith our football season & he's been remembered by several of his clubs including City. He was also remembered by his Country.

I, and I assune Calderwood, were aiming more at the foreigner bit. I forgot Foe was during the off-season though, so maybe a bad example ot illustrate the point.

I'm no big Phil O'Donnel fan, but I just think it's highly disrespectful to go against or speak out against an organised rememberance. You wouldn't hear Walter Smith doing that! (or any other true gentleman in football management for that matter)