Referee statement on strike

It's more understandable as our money is worth something like 10 times as much in their own countries.

Probably why the Swedish and Norweigan Ref's said no thanks....they werent coming over to stay in a caravan and make peanuts.

Bringing in foreign refs is possibly the worse decision I've ever seen from the football authorities in this country. It may get a few games played but it undermines absolutely both the independence of Scottish football and our ability to manage it. A truly dreadful show of incompetence by the SFA. I find the whole idea of foreign refs acutely depressing.

Bringing in foreign refs is possibly the worse decision I've ever seen from the football authorities in this country. It may get a few games played but it undermines absolutely both the independence of Scottish football and our ability to manage it. A truly dreadful show of incompetence by the SFA. I find the whole idea of foreign refs acutely depressing.

It doesnt bother me too much at all as long as they Ref the game properly. The only problem I foresee is if there was different rules from our game to the leagues they ref which is unlikely in top flight football.

It does make a mockery of the SFA running the game but they have been doing a good job that themselves for years and years. But I suppose the games going ahead are the main thing as fans have been counted as No.1 here (or so they say). If I had a ticket for Tannadice this Sunday at it was my first game coming from overseas in years id be pissed off if it was cancelled with no effort.

I dont think it takes Scottish independance out of the game, the day the 3 foreigner rule was scrapped ended that. It used to be a foreigner playing in the league was an interesting thing and original.

As long as its a one off thing and doesnt go Global then there is no harm, the last thing we want is globalisation in football with games being played abroad etc like the EPL are trying. Although the Atlantic League was something I was always open to due to the gap between the OF and the rest of the SPL.

I doubt if the refs going on strike will stop Celtic nagging. The tims are just addicted to moaning built on Paranoid Schizophrenia. There is no cure just medication. I am afraid the paranoia in them will let them see spooks even in the medication as in this strike.