Here we go again, let's condemn ourselves

I've also bought the t-shirt in this case having put together a report a few years back detailing the sham that is the anti-sectarianism industry in this country. I can understand your frustration with regard to the supporters groups in this issue because I had put this together shortly before I resigned from the Trust and still expected them to release/support it even after the debacle there. Unfortunately they chose to kick it into the long grass so I released it as a Gersnet project instead.

I'd like to see the report revisited and improved now the debate appears to be being given too much air-time again.

Article on report here:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/archived/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=670&Itemid=54

Full report available here:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/reports/SIFworkinggroup.pdf

That's the first I've seen that Frankie! I'm stunned! :redface:

Interestingly enough, Joyce Hunnum, who replied on behalf of the Scottish Exec appears to have signed a "Kick out bigotry" pledge as a celtic fan.

The more you look into the subject, the more it seems like a rabbit hole. When we start getting parliament initiatives & Executive funded reports created by Irish catholics on Scottish statistics for sectarian offences you know something is wrong. Try telling that to the Scottish Labour party.

The reason diplomatic language is what it is, is to ensure that everyone comes to the same understanding, or at least is justified in coming to the understanding they choose. The "banning" of the Billy Boys is a wonderful example of the diplomat's ability to interpret words to meet a pre-arranged agenda.

I believe Murray decided it was in his personal interest to be seen to stamp out certain "attributes" of the Rangers support. TBB became one such attribute when it was seized upon by the people who pull the strings of the OC and others. I also believe UEFA were duped into their reaction to complaints against Rangers. However, while UEFA could be excused for acting in ignorance, those running Rangers cannot. I believe Rangers lied deliberately and not only contrived the UEFA ban of TBB but knowingly used senior members of the RST to further that lie.

That the intervening years have never seen the UEFA correspondence revealed to those it seeks to influence is telling enough. I do not believe TBB was ever banned by UEFA and that the truth will not be allowed to emerge until after Murray sells his shareholding - and that his desperation not to be exposed as an outright liar may even see disclosure restricted as a condition of sale.

As things stand I believe we have been used and lied to by those who we should expect to stand shoulder to shoulder with us. I also believe there is now no alternative than to challenge these lies by requiring UEFA to confirm or deny the song is banned. I'll also repeat my opinion that any unwillingness to do so is both cowardly and against the genuine interests of Rangers.

Edited by maineflyer

Interestingly enough, Joyce Hunnum, who replied on behalf of the Scottish Exec appears to have signed a "Kick out bigotry" pledge as a celtic fan.

Are you saying it was her who replied (on behalf of the Scottish Exec) to the Gersnet report Frankie pointed to??

The reason diplomatic language is what it is, is to ensure that everyone comes to the same understanding, or at least is justified in coming to the understanding they choose. The "banning" of the Billy Boys is a wonderful example of the diplomat's ability to interpret words to meet a pre-arranged agenda.

I believe Murray decided it was in his personal interest to be seen to stamp out certain "attributes" of the Rangers support. TBB became one such attribute when it was seized upon by the people who pull the strings of the OC and others. I also believe UEFA were duped into their reaction to complaints against Rangers. However, while UEFA could be excused for acting in ignorance, those running Rangers cannot. I believe Rangers lied deliberately and not only contrived the UEFA ban of TBB but knowingly used senior members of the RST to further that lie.

That the intervening years have never seen the UEFA correspondence revealed to those it seeks to influence is telling enough. I do not believe TBB was ever banned by UEFA and that the truth will not be allowed to emerge until after Murray sells his shareholding - and that his desperation not to be exposed as an outright liar may even see disclosure restricted as a condition of sale.

As things stand I believe we have been used and lied to by those who we should expect to stand shoulder to shoulder with us. I also believe there is now no alternative than to challenge these lies by requiring UEFA to confirm or deny those song is banned. I'll also repeat my opinion that any unwillingness to do so is both cowardly and against the genuine interests of Rangers.

Couldn't have put that any better myself, and would definitely add, what were the so called supporters groups given as an sweetener for their collusion ?

I believe Rangers lied deliberately and not only contrived the UEFA ban of TBB but knowingly used senior members of the RST to further that lie.

Is there conclusive evidence of this?

That the intervening years have never seen the UEFA correspondence revealed to those it seeks to influence is telling enough.

It's telling in a way, but not conclusive.

I also believe there is now no alternative than to challenge these lies by requiring UEFA to confirm or deny those song is banned. I'll also repeat my opinion that any unwillingness to do so is both cowardly and against the genuine interests of Rangers.

If you're flying us all to Switzerland, count me in!!

Couldn't have put that any better myself, and would definitely add, what were the so called supporters groups given as an sweetener for their collusion ?

Empty promises. Like most people who are lied to, they then found themselves all but ostracized by their erstwhile informants. Unless .... surely you don't think .... no, they couldn't ..... could they?