Brian Laudrup Donations

I still think it would be better coming from the Gersnet Site independently with someone from the site being there.

Last year donated an amount to Erskine but still did it as a family.

My Father was in there and I may end up there myself one day so I've probably got a vested interest.

Don't mean that in a selfish way BTW.

The Erskine donation is definitely a fine idea.

If possible MF, I suggest you write a cheque and send it to whichever Erskine property you prefer.

Thanks again for being so generous and helpful with this issue. :)

I like JMS' idea. I think it is a bit more personal than a cheque.

Of course if someone wants to take it down personally I'm all for it - I just like charity stuff to be as underplayed as possible.

:)

Of course if someone wants to take it down personally I'm all for it - I just like charity stuff to be as underplayed as possible.

:)

Oh, I thought it would be delivered. I see what you mean. Reminds me of something I meant to say the other day - it seems fashionable these days to not like the Orange Order, even among some aspects of our own support. The other week we were up visiting Pauline's dad's grave. We turned the corner towards the cemetry in the car and there were loads of people out marching. I'll admit I was a bit annoyed as we'd have to get out, walk for a long while, and it was freezing. When we got out we noticed a van following the back of the march with old gentlemen in it. We weren't quite sure what was going on and it didn't become clear until we got into the cemetry, where the the Orange Order alone had lain rememberance wreaths at the monument at the gates. It was freezing cold, there was no-one else in the whole cemetry or out on the streets - the only people who'd taken the time to honour them were the Orange Order, who'd had a service and taken the time to actively remember.

Oh, I'd just like to re-iterate the sincerest thanks to MF. It's disappointing the costs weren't fully covered, but I you did say you were going to donate whatever was taken anyway. I think you should just choose what you think is most fitting from the suggestions.