team for thursday...

For what it's worth I'd go for...

Time for a change of system but I would keep Ferguson in the team as the only he'll get properly fit is by continuing to play every game.

___________________McGregor__________________

Bardsley____Svensson________Hemdani_______Smith

Sionko______Ferguson__________Rae_________Adam

____________Boyd_____________Prso_____________

I pretty much see this as our best team, i have been on holiday for a fortnight so havent seen the Cup game where Hemdani played at the back, it seems that he done well so i see no reason why he shouldnt fill in there tomorrow night.

I pretty much see this as our best team

Sionko has been average for us this season so I wouldn't say he'd be playing in our best side right now. He's got to improve!

Saying that, does anyone know, including PLG what our "best team" is? :confused:

I actually meant that it was our best possible team for Thursday, With Burke out i see Sionko as our second choice right mid.

I wasn't questioning you bud, just asking a general question to everyone. I'd actually play Martin out on the right before I played Sionko.

Sionko did well against Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Killie and Falkirk. He had poor games against the Pars though but on balance his contribution has been just as average and inconsistent as Martins.

The fact Sionko is likely to be here longer than Martin and is more of a right winger than him means he gets the nod for me.

Exactly. Baffling when people turn round and say he should be dropped because he is not fit enough. :confused:

Isn't that one of the benefits of having a reserve team. To get players who have been out for a while, back to match sharpness/fitness.

I'm a fergie fan, but the last couple of games he's been poor, due to the fact that he's lacking the required level of fitness. Let's just say for one horrible moment that fergie struggles tomorrow and a poor performance by him contributes to us losing the tie(god I hope not). It'll have been a pretty pricey way of helping to get fergie back to full fitness.

Maybe PLG thinks an unfit fergie is better than any other option his squad gives him. Like I said, I'm a fergie fan and If he plays I hope he can get back to something like his old self and kick some norwegian ass.

In the pub on saturday there was quite a few fans ranting on about fergie and his performance, wanting him out the team. I even had a verbal set-to with my best mate after the game. He blamed fergie for everything, tics goals, our lack of chances, the lack of fluency in our passing.

I tried to stick up for him the best I could, but he and others had made up their minds about him. What I'm trying to say is. If fergie doesn't have a decent game tomorrow, there'll be quite a few fans getting on his back.

All because he MAY HAVE been brought back too early. That would be a shame.