1 step forward 10 steps back

Well, considering we have only ever reached four European finals in our history it wouldn't be much worse than the rest. You then have to account for the Euro games under Smith, which is more due to CL participation, the ratio of games to wins takes that down again.

If you want the this debate to continue why don't you try and back up your claims. You're making big claims about Walter's record in Europe being poor and spending too much on playing staff. Back up or back out.

Zappa has already done one bit for you, which backs up my own search. Just Euro games against past Rangers managers' and to help evaluate him, I'd say against septic managers too.

Probably a waste of post but maybe you'll back up your claims.

Have you ever heard of Scot Symon, have you ever heard of Willie Waddel and I don't need anyone to back anything up, Mr Symon and Mr Waddell will do that nicely. :colbert::thup:

Don't be daft. He's differentiating between fans who use forums and those who don't.

There are some fans who

1 - do not use forums, nor attend games.

2 - do not use forums but attend games.

3 - use forums , don't attend games.

4 - use forums and attend games.

1 and 2 are not online fans.

3 and 4 are.

Online views often seem more extreme than talking with fans face to face and that is common for many topics, not just football.

I don't think you even understand that term you hate.[/QUOTE]

I think the online bit he mentioned was easy to understand

Yet you've still required 3 people to explain it to you. ;)

Or two people start talking and one is slightly right of centre, one if slightly left, but due to the nature of the debate each debator ends up at the extreme end on either side of the spectrum of views. In reality they weren't all that far apart but the nature of internet based debate ends up completely polarising opinion.

Yip, would agree with that.

You seem to fail to grasp the difference in beating the Russians at their own game and actually just crossing our fucking halfway line and trying to get a goal

We may as well not have turned up

Did Novo (or was it JCD ?) not nearly score just before Zenit scored ? Must have been some effort from his own half :thup:

I am afraid that the final does or did also leave me with a feeling of not trying to fight to the death, a chance in a million missed. I played football long enough to know that sometimes you are forced back when you don't want to be. Unfortunately we cannot turn back time and we really have to thank Wattie for all the effort he has put in to Rangers. No matter how we look at it i honestly belief he was doing what he thought was best to win the cup and indeed ten in a row. Hindsight makes things an awful lot easier.