Our half yearly accounts

I realise this will probably piss people off , oh no here's another financial thread , however when are our half yearly's due .I know the full accounts were late so does that mean that forever more the accounts run late , or are the half yearly ones not overdue ...:redface:

Can't see that it will piss anyone off, though some may not be too interested in it.

No idea about financials myself but if the half-yearly accounts are overdue hopefully we will see them soon. With the fact that a lot of CL payments are probably not paid yet, how accurate will they be in any case? I bet there will be other payments missing at this stage no?

The timing of the issuing of the year-end accounts has nothing to do with the issuing of the half year accounts, which are normally issued in the last 2 weeks in February.

They don't give any balance sheet information, so no information on the debt, and the profitability will look great due to the inclusion of all the CL income in them. They will not tell us too much.

I do not know when the half-yearly accounts will be released; however, a couple of weeks past on BBC Radio Scotland; Jim Traynor provided some 'informed speculation'. There were grounds for optimism, last year saw the eradication of 'Historic Debt' ie monies owed on transfer fees(apparently �£9.5million), thus debt at the turn of the year reduced to just under �£21million. Traynor extrapolated that the summer debt would be under �£15million.

Genuinely surprised that more was not made of Traynor's latest epistle, but it could be another moonbeam by proxy.

Here's the half year profits,

money in equals lloyds banking group wip it right back off us simples :(

Not necessarilly, depends on the business plan that has been agreed and the the overdraft limit that was up for renewal at the end of the year, if memory serves me.

The business plan may call for a gradual reduction in the debt (overdraft) but that aside so long as we keep up the �£1 million a year instalments on the term loan that is all that is required.

There does appear to have been some leeway built in (perhaps in anticipation of CL revenue) as was seen with the Jelavic deal this past summer.

There does appear to have been some leeway built in (perhaps in anticipation of CL revenue) as was seen with the Jelavic deal this past summer.

Surely the Jelavic deal was mostly funded by selling Danny Wilson & Kevin Thomson for �£4m (+) ??

You may well be right but I doubt we'd have been allowed to spend ANY money had we not qualified for the CL.

Probably not and that's why the squad size/wage bill has been reduced. Unfortunately, we need to be able to survive without CL football rather than depend on it to stay afloat and we have the other Scottish clubs who've been in Europe to thank for the state of the coefficient.