Smith Confirms Commons Interest

i have been privvy to the negotiations so far. here whats been said:

Martin bain : we are in a position to offer you a packet of jammy dodgers and half a mars bar for the services of chris commons. we can only pay you in installments of one jammy dodger a week over 8 weeks, ten weeks if we can get packets with 25% extra which im sure you will agree will be worth waiting for.

DC : we want half a millioin mr bain

MB : WTF!!!!!! walters wife will never fit them all in her basket at the supermarket! I now have to with draw the offer of half a mars bar as Alistair johnston has just eaten it.

DC : Not biscuits mr bain pounds sterling.

MB : oh we dont have any of that left, i got the last of it of it in my substantial wage rise 6 months ago, you know the one, it left us with fuck all to buy players with. you can swap him for that chair your sitting on and i haver 2 tickets to go to shark world adventure too!.

DC: FFS!

Can we afford a half-million jammy dodgers?:sad:

The way WS was talking in his interview Novo is also a target but he has purely ruled out a return for Boyd - thank goodness.

If we got Commons and Novo its 2 more attack minded players so i woudl love to see how he fits them in with his reluctance to drop Davis and McCulloch when they arent performing well. But perhaps the plan is to move McCulloch into the defence permanently!

The daily record is carrying a story saying this deal is on the verge of stalling due to mr commons wages demands of �£20,000 a week and Celtic waiting to pounce should it fail!! :(

If he wants 20k a week then I hope it DOES fail - we simply cant afford those wages these days.

Rumours of the deal being off due to the wage on offer. If true, it's thanks to our very own Martin Bain.

I will hold counsel on whether we should "blame" Bain or not. It depends on how much Commons is looking for. We need to realise, fairly quickly, that the days of high wages being paid by Rangers are a thing of the past. And, much as though it pains me to say it, I am quite thankful.

Financial profligacy is what has led us to where we are - to run the course of offering excessive wages would send us down the same sorry path again.

As I say, it depends on what Commons is looking for vs what we are prepared to offer. If Commons is looking for 30k would we really blame Bain or would/should we congratulate him from walking away from the table ? If it is 10k then maybe we do blame him - until we know the quantum of the offer and demand I will hold judgement.