Tax vanishes after close season and the opportunity to bring in players and before a season ticket renewal which occurs before the opportunity to bring in players.

Believe it when I see it loyal.

If it's actually true then is it not another sign that Murray is preparing to sell? He owns almost all the shares bar 10-15% so the tax issue would mostly be his problem if he chose not to sell anyway. By removing the tax issue from RFC plc and making the club easier to sell, he's probably just dealing with one of his many financial problems, but this is one that's getting him a lot of bad press due to his share in Rangers and probably causing share price problems for the other companies in his wee empire.

Tax vanishes after close season and the opportunity to bring in players and before a season ticket renewal which occurs before the opportunity to bring in players.

Believe it when I see it loyal.

I really think things will happen now. Murray wants out of that I am sure.

Here's hoping loyal.

I don't think it has been my misfortune to read as much rubbish, as that passing for a story from sources and close to, as that penned by ralston. Banks must have gotten very soft in the last few days.

If it's actually true then is it not another sign that Murray is preparing to sell?

Aye, or a sign that Murray is preparing to say "Look I've removed all obstacles to selling", which is subtly but importantly different. Or maybe it's not actually true. Or maybe it's, as you say, just dealing with his problems and trivially related to selling. If this was so necessary for a sale, why didn't he do it when he put the club on the market? Or even just last week? Maybe it's a big undertaking and he didnt' want to do it until he found someone serious. Or maybe it isn't, and he left it there as a barrier to put off the insincere. Or maybe he done it to give the tax people a new set of problems and himself more time, or maybe he done it..... etc.

Aye, or a sign that Murray is preparing to say "Look I've removed all obstacles to selling", which is subtly but importantly different. Or maybe it's not actually true. Or maybe it's, as you say, just dealing with his problems and trivially related to selling. If this was so necessary for a sale, why didn't he do it when he put the club on the market? Or even just last week? Maybe it's a big undertaking and he didnt' want to do it until he found someone serious. Or maybe it isn't, and he left it there as a barrier to put off the insincere. Or maybe he done it to give the tax people a new set of problems and himself more time, or maybe he done it..... etc.

There's more chance that it's a step forwards than a step backwards though, eh?

There's more chance that it's a step forwards than a step backwards though, eh?

I agree I really believe that Murray seriously wants out now. There was no way he was ever going to sell with the tax problem hanging over the club. I think he will make a deal with the tax people in the near future as well.

Rangers to be taken over and be free of debt and then Sky to lose their monopoly battle in the European courts. Happy days could be on the way again.

I won't count my chickens just yet though.

Good to see a healthy degree of scepticism about what seems merely the latest in a long long line of unsubstantiated half truths. Only one thing is for damned sure .... if this has been done by Murray or the Bank, it won't have been done for the benefit of Rangers or it's fans. Neither, I suspect, should anyone make too many assumptions about the effect any such move will have on the sale of the club.

If it actually happens though, Donald Muir may yet turn out to be the one responsible for removing this particular cross from us.