Spreading the Gersnet Gospel...

As ever, we're very comfortable with the intimate nature of our wee website but we're also always eager to attract new forum posters and writers for the main site.

While we would never profess to be the busiest forum in the Rangers community, we do feel quality-wise we run any other site close. Not that we'd promote anything other than healthy competition with our friends across our online union of course but I'd encourage any bear to consult a wide range of such sites to gauge opinion on the subjects close to our heart.

In an online era where multinational companies such as NewsQuest and News International charge to visit their websites while others use advertising to offset their costs, we're pleased to again make it clear that, despite rising costs, we won't be inflicting any paywall or painful ads on our membership - either on the forum or on our increasingly busy main site. Thanks as always to bmck and craig for providing the finance to keep our voice heard!

Where we will ask for your help though is in improving the site as a whole! Despite being online now for over 10 years, we're still keen to hear your feedback and suggestions for enhancing the everyday Gersnet experience for the future. While quality over quantity will always be our mantra, we're eager to have more contributors - either just occasional posters, project leaders or article writers who like to see their name in lights!

To give you an idea of our ongoing and consistent article publishing success, our last five articles have topped @NewsNowUK with an average of 1390 hits each. Meanwhile our Twitter account now has well over 300 followers despite only being active for a few months! We also have almost 600 friends on Facebook after the same period...! But as ever, we'd like to welcome more people into our Gersnet family so please spread the word whenever you can.

At the top of the forum, you can find links to our main site, our history archive, our Twitter and our Facebook (as well as our back-up forum for when our server takes the huff). Please have a visit, bookmark them and pass them into your friends, family and work colleagues.

We hope, like you, they'll find our site an enjoyable place to visit for a few minutes each day.

Thanks again for your continued support!

:spl:

- Comment on our articles on the Gersnet Main Site

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/

- Check your facts at The Rangers Archive

http://www.therangersarchive.co.uk/

- Follow Gersnet on Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/GersnetOnline

- Add us as a friend on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/GersnetFB

- Bookmark our back-up forum in case of issues

http://gersnet.proboards.com/

:)

Guys,

I'm especially after someone to look after our Facebook account.

While our site articles and Tweets are automatically added to that account, I don't have the time to interact with the replies we get there. As such, if anyone fancies being our Facebook evangelist; I can supply you with access so you can spend some minimal time maintaining that aspect of our social networking!

Please PM me if you're interested!

This site could certainly do with more members but the problem is more members can make the quality a lot worse.

RangersMedia is a fairly busy forum but is becoming the new followfollow with much of the discussion being how may i put it...low intellect?

Whilst I might disagree with things people say on here, everybody tends to be educated and intelligent.

Another thing that's always annoyed me about Followfollow is how dreadfully moderated it is. They ban you with no explanation and often no reason. They never properly moderate or warn anyone

Every forum needs a new influx of members from time to time. However, forums like this subscribe to fans who want to debate on a certain level. Don't get me wrong all the forums have their intellects, but some forums are diluted by the gutter posts you see on the two most popular forums.

I like reading the posts on here, I find them informative as well as interesting. There's only two forums I'd recommend for bears and this is one of them.

Don't get me wrong guys - we're not in the business of advertising for new members as we're definitely comfortable with the existing contributors and numbers. However, there is always room for improvement and, for example, I'm a bit disappointed with our lack of articles of late which is why a quick state of the union address might be useful.

Thanks for all the kind words also!

For those of you who contact me about Facebook, I'll try and get back to you today or tomorrow. :)