Kinda confused how someone who never saw today's game can question a player whose last outing involved scoring three goals. He was poor today, had at least one chance, maybe two where should have done better, but he has looked very good. He's taken his goals very well and fir the most part his touch and movement look very good too.

Not just talking about todays game, but seen a chance he had and he missed with an easy header. He has not shown to be a �£4m player imo.

Swallows and summer come to mind, if Jelavic lives up to his price tag, which I hope and think he will, we won't hold on to him for long. As for young Lafferty a bit of weight on him wouldn't go amiss about 2 stone, I see the makings of a viable defender in him. Still needs a good bit of coaching as to his heading ability and jumping for headers, really makes me realise how poor the coaching is at our club, when players are unable to execute the basics or control a ball.

As i have said never seen the game today, but i'm really starting to wonder how good this guy is. Never really be convinced by him before or after his injuy. We have defo over paid for him but that should come as no surprise.

I see you've been getting a pummelling in both this thread and the forum in general for your views. However, while I am not going to outright agree with you here, I will say that Jelavic's impact hasn't quite been as immediate as I'd hoped. He has scored some goals, which is the currency for all strikers, but there is something about him thus far which doesn't totally convince me that he's worth what we paid for him and that he'll be a success in years to come.

But this post comes off the back of a miserable OF display from the whole team so might not be fair on the Croat, who is probably still not 100% yet after a bad injury.

He needs a partner up their to support him, fuck knows where we go from here btw :(

He would be fine in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 if we actually played the formation the way it should be.

Didier Drogba would have struggled yesterday