Old Firm Response To Summit and Full Summit Statement

What a total non event. Politicians and police grandstanding in the OF limelight while the reality of their much-vaunted "ills of Scottish society" remains as unacknowledged as ever. Only in Scotland eh?

Now that the first division of poseurs has has it's moment in the sun, cue the lesser lights, equally drawn to their measure of publicity ... local politicians and every public-funded bunch of no marks who can raise an audience, eagerly sensing a trough of anti-sectarian money. Expect NBM to make a comeback.

Politicians getting involved with footballing matters shouldn't really happen, as they are clueless along with Mr Regan and as you say MF, a total non event. Wow a 6 point plan that has been put across, so weekday games will be the norm from now on from next season.

Guest carmylebear

If these so called politicians would only act on the real problems this country faces maybe we would take them all a bit more serious. Total waste of time and money.

Got it in one guys...

To make matters worse failed (and discredited) organisations like Nil by Mouth are given more public money to waste to ensure the same people get round the same tables and spout the same rubbish that hasn't worked. Stopping people drinking for a few hours and changing a football match kick-off time will hardly stop a social disease of which football supporting is only one very small symptom of.

Sectarianism is a blight on this country but in my opinion it is grossly exaggerated by politicians who need something to deflect from more serious problems. Meanwhile you have bizarre 'journalists' that love nothing more than to stir the pot and adding to the tension while never offering impartial solutions themselves.

The bottom line much of the anti-sectarianism campaign in this country is nothing more than an sham to make people money or score political points when it suits. That's more shameful than a few people of whatever background singing a few songs with nasty words.

what a shambles.

the pretend 'government' in Scotland is an absolute joke - and an embarassment.

we have thousands of Irish catholics in this country - and Scots who hang on to this fantasy as well - who despise everything British and even back campaigns against our country's soldiers.

If they hate it that much why don't they just go 'home'. I'll start a collection for their ferry fares !!!

Immigrants who come to our country and do nothing but slag it off and are anti-British can feck off to where the came from. I would never move to another country and start dictating what I should and shouldn't get - and I certainly wouldn't be part of a group that protests against the country I am living in and have anti poppy displays etc. etc.

And I wouldn't insist in separate schools for my 'faith'/'culture', thereby creating divisions at a young age.

Meanwhile you have bizarre 'journalists' that love nothing more than to stir the pot and adding to the tension while never offering impartial solutions themselves.

This is something which annoyed me about this so-called 'summit'. There appears to have been absolutely no mention of our media eagerly fanning the flames in Scotland with their provocative and deliberately ill-informed garbage. They get away with printing factless articles based on non-existent 'sources' and using their devious wordplay to paint certain pictures of our footballing figures and 'Old Firm fans' without quotes. On occassions when they actually do have facts & quotes to work with they still twist things to suit certain agendas, often by using second-hand facts & quotes out of context and in whatever way they think will warrant a provocative headline or caption.

Our press and media are above the law. If they get pulled up on publishing something they shouldn't have, they only have to retract it or in rare cases publish an apology, but they still get away with stoking fires and fanning flames to aid the sale of their agendas and not so informative toilet paper on a daily basis. Someone needs to ask questions about this parasitic journalism and why it's never properly screened, held accountable or taken to task for insightment.