Weir contemplates another season

Don't worry, it's just another sensationalist article from an anonymous bbc writer twisting the facts and quotes...

Rangers captain David Weir has told BBC Scotland he hasn't ruled out continuing his playing career next season.

The 40-year-old central defender is out of contract with the Scottish champions at the end of the season.

However Weir, capped 69 times for Scotland, hasn't discounted another year at Ibrox or with another club.

"I love what I'm doing, and as long as someone's daft enough to pay me to play football why should I knock it back," joked the veteran defender.

The former Falkirk, Hearts and Everton man also revealed how much he was enjoying life at Ibrox.

"It's nice to play for a club where it means something and it's important and it means so much to so many people.

"Obviously I wouldn't like to get to the position where I'm embarrassing myself - some might think I'm already doing that - but I'm enjoying it.

"I want to stay involved in football. I love football and football's been good to me so I want to stay involved but who knows in what capacity or at what level.

"People have been saying since I was 32, 'this could be your last' or every bad game could be your last, but I don't think about it like that. I love what I'm doing, I enjoy what I'm doing.

"I just try and enjoy every day and try and do the best I can for myself and for Rangers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9420386.stm

"I love what I'm doing, and as long as someone's daft enough to pay me to play football why should I knock it back," joked the veteran defender.

Not very funny Davie.....

Guest carmylebear

He has served us well but time for him to move on. I'm sure he can, if he wants to, play on at a lower level but more likely to happen in England.

As terrific a servant he has been the cracks are beginning to show more often. A distinct lack of pace is being exploited more and more often by opposing teams and his distribution has never been great.

I hope McCoist has the sense and courage to move on and shape his own side.

"I love what I'm doing, and as long as someone's daft enough to pay me to play football why should I knock it back," joked the veteran defender."

I've had funnier shites!

Like Albertz, we could do a lot worse than having Weir on the coaching staff next season.

If he does continue, he seriously runs the risk of ruining any legacy he has at Rangers. This year is a season too far, next year would be a joke. But I agree getting him on the coaching staff would be a good move.