Pulling together

Guest therabbitt

Sorry but you're wrong. I don't HAVE to do anything of the sort. As far as I'm aware, there are no rules against offering opinion, in fact it seems remarkably common practice - you've just done it yourself, or was the balloons thing part of your debating strategy? Pokerface offered a few opinions himself this evening, maybe you didn't notice. I've no real interest whether you read my posts or not. If it doesn't suit you then don't. For all the debaters here there sure are a lot of people intent on telling others what to post.

More Helium!

More balloons!

Agreed it is the people that can blow them up that we really need. I have never told you what to post but when the people who you are always attacking, give you an answer you disappear, probably stuck on the ceiling.

Agreed it is the people that can blow them up that we really need. I have never told you what to post but when the people who you are always attacking, give you an answer you disappear, probably stuck on the ceiling.

What people, what answer?

What people, what answer?

I wouldnt disagree that the support ned to look at what we could and should have done. A couple of questions for you though MF.

1, Was the support at one time more united and purposeful? you say that there was a specific point where it became practice to allow the board to run the club and for the rest to be customers. When was this? being youngish all I know is the Rangers of my lifetime and what I have read. What I have read is basically that things now are as they ever were, with the internet being the only real difference (allowing those that want it a platform of enlightenment)

2, How can the trust have failed the support? They can fail what you yourself call a tiny membership, but if you are not part of it, they dont speak on your behalf and therefore cannot fail you. If you want representation then you cant sit and wait until something comes along that you feel comfortable with. Well, you can, but you could be in for a long long wait. I use 'you' to describe the wider support and I understand well enough that there are some who were in the trust who no longer are. I wouldnt begin to say that they were not people who were let down, clearly they were. I dont know if you fit into that group or not either.

With respect, I'm no one's teacher and I didn't post for the pleasure of answering a barrow load of questions. I speak only for myself and nothing I've mentioned is based upon secrets or mystery. It's all there for you to see as clearly as I believe I can. The issue is about what you choose to do with what your eyes and ears are telling you. You can close yourself to what's going on and choose to believe there are no problems, or you can do the other thing. If you're content that everything is rosy or that there's nothing to warrant alarm then that's a matter for your own conscience and judgement. As for the RST, let me put it this way, if it had never existed would anything be materially different today and did it aim to deliver change or the status quo - somewhere in there is the answer you're looking for?

All just Helium. Shouting from the rooftop. Not open to discussion. I can't be bothered checking through the whole site for other examples but they are there. As you quote yourself:

" somewhere in there is the answer you're looking for"

All just Helium. Shouting from the rooftop. Not open to discussion. I can't be bothered checking through the whole site for other examples but they are there. As you quote yourself:

" somewhere in there is the answer you're looking for"

This must be a big part of your life to have the time to scrutinize and judge individual members. I've noticed you like to do that. Like I've already said, if your so easily upset, just don't read my posts. They always arrive with my username top left so you'll never need to be surprised, oh arbiter of all debate .... or were you just offering an opinion perhaps?

Please folks - let's keep the thread free of the kind of stuff that just makes a mockery of what Rab is trying to achieve.

You are right Frankie but nobody is going to change anything by keeping shouting from the other side of the street. If anyone really wants to change anything then they need to put themselves in a position to do it.

I agree completely with Rab's sentiments which are admirable. I would imagine that substantially all of RM's posters would be in favour of the supporters working together.

EDITED by Frankie - please see above.

I don't mean to labour he point but who are you saying is going to do the kicking? I get your point but there's a world of difference between kicking and influencing.

The use of the words 'kick' and 'kicking' was purely metaphorical, hyperbolic in fact, but as long as you got my point that's the main thing. :whistle:

I find it highly amusing that so many influential supporters would genuinely like to see a full-scale fan ownership scenario for Rangers when they can't even collectively agree to cooperate with one-another on a joint project. You'd think that as a board member of our Supporters Trust, Mark Dingwall should literally be forced by the board to let bygones be bygones and either cooperate openly with other fan sites or appoint another representative or two (willing volunteers) from FF to do so on the site's behalf. It should be a matter of great importance to the RST that all fan sites can work with one-another and if any one man is stopping this from being possible, then he shouldn't be allowed to continue in a role as an RST board member. Simples.