Pulling together

Guest therabbitt

Guest therabbitt

Apologies all, I didn't see that this thread had been made. Many thanks for the kind words and also thanks for making this a bit of a discussion. There's no fun in anything if everyone agrees all the time and challenging views are the ones that bring the best results.

Nevertheless, I think it was Northampton_Loyalist who said something the other day that really stuck with me, to paraphrase, that 'everyone involved needs to look at themselves'. At the time, my reply was that I had nothing to have on my conscience, but it's irked me since. It's what prompted me to think that if I'm not going to be one to try and change things then I'm just going to be one that perpetuates difficulties - and I don't want to be that guy.

We need to get away from thinking website vs. website, supporters group vs. supporters group and to be thinking as a collective of supporters albeit with some of that collective not getting on. What we shouldn't do, is let those that have no agenda, have no past to speak of, not have the chance to try to make something work.

Just because it hasn't always been perfect, doesn't mean that it can't be better.

Irony? You want to sit here and say it is all his fault and cant take the fact that someone might see the situation from a slightly different perspective? Unfounded or otherwise, the accusations are out there and public knowledge. I didnt claim they were true, I made sure I explained that they were nothing more than accusations. They put a slightly different spin on the 'Suck wont talk to anyone and therefore FF wont talk to anyone, it's all his fault' angle you peddle continuously. You also claim that FF is an overly censored board and that you have to go elsewhere to get real debate. I'M being ironic here? laughable.

Wrap your brain around this one; I am here, according to you, to shit stir/defend suck/the trust yet on this very page I say that suck has to talk or get out of the way of people who will. How exactly do you reconcile those two little points? You cant, because it is in your head. You simply cannot take someone putting down views that are not 100% in line with your own.

Once again, you dont want a messageboard, you want a blog because the second anyone has any slight disagreement with you over the trust, FF or suck, you revert to form and try and create fights where only debate existed. Dont give people the right to reply of a free speech messageboard, put it down in a blog with no comments section and you will be spared people who disagree with you or have the temerity to question you. If you do, I will subscribe because when you cut out the childish and pathetic crap you insist on, you can put some half decent points across.

That's a rather more 'motivated' speech than was really necessary but it seems you've arrived with quite an accumulation of issues to deal with. It's always good to get these things off you chest and why shouldn't you do it all at once. Hope your feeling better now. :)

There's the rub though Zappa. There is no one to kick down any barriers.

Of course there are! Let's talk straight here. We all know that two of the biggest 'barriers' we're talking about is getting FF and the RST to get together and cooperate on a joint project with everyone else because that's already been mentioned here. We also know that there are RST people visiting here, Rangersmedia and several other forums. What's needed is for certain people to use their influence with MD over at FF to change the way things are at the present moment in terms of working relationships. If this can't be achieved directly, then it needs to be done via a side door, but it must be done even it means that other members of the FF team are the ones who represent that forum on a joint/cooperative project. There's no room for any 'you're either with us or against us' attitudes if Rangers fans are really to unite and have a voice.

What's being proposed by Tabbit requires voluntary good sense by everyone taking part and, so far at least, there's no sign I can see that the old animosities have gone anywhere. For that reason alone I can't see much reason for optimism although, as I've already posted, I'd like to see nothing more than a noted and influential support. You say "just get it done" but who is it you're aiming those words at?

They weren't aimed directly at anyone. As I've said above, there's people who can sort the problems out and they should know themselves who they are. Anyone reading this who thinks they might be able to influence the situation sufficiently enough to move it in a positive direction should do so. It's not bloody rocket science. It's time to bury hatchets, sort out a good level of cooperation and start pulling our collective weight.

I think it's no coincidence that one of the main reasons for division between supporters groups is also the reason why the RST has failed to deliver any of it's key objectives..

This is why I mentioned the RST (or at least some of it's members) as a potential catalyst. If the trust focussed on kicking down these barriers and succeeded they could multiply their membership numbers significantly. Obviously we can't rely on them to even try never mind achieve this, but they should certainly think about it long and hard if they're serious about their objectives as a 'supporters trust'.

Edited by Zappa

Apologies all, I didn't see that this thread had been made. Many thanks for the kind words and also thanks for making this a bit of a discussion. There's no fun in anything if everyone agrees all the time and challenging views are the ones that bring the best results.

Nevertheless, I think it was Northampton_Loyalist who said something the other day that really stuck with me, to paraphrase, that 'everyone involved needs to look at themselves'. At the time, my reply was that I had nothing to have on my conscience, but it's irked me since. It's what prompted me to think that if I'm not going to be one to try and change things then I'm just going to be one that perpetuates difficulties - and I don't want to be that guy.

We need to get away from thinking website vs. website, supporters group vs. supporters group and to be thinking as a collective of supporters albeit with some of that collective not getting on. What we shouldn't do, is let those that have no agenda, have no past to speak of, not have the chance to try to make something work.

Just because it hasn't always been perfect, doesn't mean that it can't be better.

Sorry I made it into a thread,I should have sent you a PM. Never thought at the time. Excuses.

Surely it cannot be possible that all fails because one or two people are pulling in a different direction even if they do have a big influence on the biggest websites. Surely not everyone on these websites are puppets. Rangers supporters need to unite and that is obvious. We need a leading group to do it and not necessarily a leading person. It is time for the top guys from all supporters groups and websites to get together and start uniting the support.

rbr,

Was the article posted on FF? Is that what you're referring to?

yes someone posted in the thread about Rangersmedia's support about Muir , it lasted all of half an hour before it was slaughtered , look back at post 26 on this topic to see one of his answers

Guest Pokeherface

You are nothing more than a hypocrite. You peddle fancy words of desiring unity but the second a poster dares to contradict you, you descend to the level that represents you best; Pathetic digs, sly insinuations and pointless jibes. You offer nothing to Rangers, you offer nothing to the support and you act to the detriment of every website you pollute with your garbage. THAT is getting it off my chest. Have a nice day now.

You are nothing more than a hypocrite. You peddle fancy words of desiring unity but the second a poster dares to contradict you, you descend to the level that represents you best; Pathetic digs, sly insinuations and pointless jibes. You offer nothing to Rangers, you offer nothing to the support and you act to the detriment of every website you pollute with your garbage. THAT is getting it off my chest. Have a nice day now.

81 posts to work you out MF , you must be slipping mate lol , ahhh the joy of the good old internet banter , ye cannae whack it

81 posts to work you out MF , you must be slipping mate lol , ahhh the joy of the good old internet banter , ye cannae whack it

I think he probably realised it earlier but just held back. There in probably lies the problem in the whole situation the people with the most criticism have the least interest to get involved to change things.

Of course there are! Let's talk straight here. We all know that two of the biggest 'barriers' we're talking about is getting FF and the RST to get together and cooperate on a joint project with everyone else because that's already been mentioned here. We also know that there are RST people visiting here, Rangersmedia and several other forums. What's needed is for certain people to use their influence with MD over at FF to change the way things are at the present moment in terms of working relationships. If this can't be achieved directly, then it needs to be done via a side door, but it must be done even it means that other members of the FF team are the ones who represent that forum on a joint/cooperative project. There's no room for any 'you're either with us or against us' attitudes if Rangers fans are really to unite and have a voice.

They weren't aimed directly at anyone. As I've said above, there's people who can sort the problems out and they should know themselves who they are. Anyone reading this who thinks they might be able to influence the situation sufficiently enough to move it in a positive direction should do so. It's not bloody rocket science. It's time to bury hatchets, sort out a good level of cooperation and start pulling our collective weight.

This is why I mentioned the RST (or at least some of it's members) as a potential catalyst. If the trust focussed on kicking down these barriers and succeeded they could multiply their membership numbers significantly. Obviously we can't rely on them to even try never mind achieve this, but they should certainly think about it long and hard if they're serious about their objectives as a 'supporters trust'.

I don't mean to labour he point but who are you saying is going to do the kicking? I get your point but there's a world of difference between kicking and influencing.