Hi, i was at the Argyle house restaurant for lunch the other day.

Most tuesdays myself, mum and two uncles al meet up and go for a nice lunch somewhere on the southside. We are all rangers fans so we decided to go to Ibrox this tuesday.

My uncle is 89 and is a lifelong Bear so he was over the moon with it and was full of stories about games at Ibrox over all those years. :thup:

The food and view was excellent as were the staff as i am sure a lot of you will know anyways so it's well worth the visit.

To cut a long story short we got talking to the stadium manager who was a nice wee guy. I brought up the state of thr Stadium as i am sure we all know it could do with a lick of paint. He told me the company he works for that take care of the stadium and all catering (it's a French company) are spending �£1.8 million on doing up all the concourses and Kiosks in the summer. Basically the kiosks are getting ripped out and done up with new ovens and better food going to be available.

I know that info is nothing ground breaking but it's nice to know that they are doing something about that side of Ibrox as it does need addressing

Thanks for the info.

Begs a few questions:

1. Why are Azure doing the refurb and not the club?

2. Just how long to Azure have left on their contract? Surely they wouldn't be spending �£1.8m if it only had a year or two to run?

1. Why are Azure doing the refurb and not the club? I asked that myself and he said ,"Politics" and that they had been asking the club to do it for a few years so they basically took it upon themselves to do it

2. Just how long to Azure have left on their contract? Surely they wouldn't be spending �£1.8m if it only had a year or two to run? He told me they have the contract to 2018 so i guess it makes good business sense for them to improve the product as in the long run they will profit

I don't see why Azure shouldn't foot the bill for the concourse and kiosk refurb when they're taking a massive revenue stream from the club and I can see why the boardroom would vote against their requests. Certainly in terms of the actual kiosks themselves including decoration, graphics and the equipment in them, that should be Azure's responsibility. The lick of paint and other stuff needed to spruce up the concourse in general outwith the kiosks is slightly different, although with it being such a lengthy contract it's understandable that the club would want Azure to at least contribute to it, just as the owner of a food-court with long lease tennants in kiosks might ask them all to contribute to refurbishment of areas outwith their individual kiosks. That's admittedly a different scenario with different incentives due to the type of trade though.

I doubt that they can do that given Azure is a third party.

You're right, I had the wrong end of the stick altogether. Just checked out Azure thought the maze to a French holding co. Depends on the contract but still might be possible to re-negotiate.

You're right, I had the wrong end of the stick altogether. Just checked out Azure thought the maze to a French holding co. Depends on the contract but still might be possible to re-negotiate.

It certainly seems strange that we have committed ourselves for another 7 years. Hopefully there are some break clauses in the contract during that period .

It certainly seems strange that we have committed ourselves for another 7 years. Hopefully there are some break clauses in the contract during that period .

You're not allowing for SDM's short-term outlook.

Anything for a few million up front. 15 year catering contracts or not.