They�re out to get us

Were these songs sung in Eindhoven??,is this what UEFA are saying was sung in Eindhoven??

Most definitely TBB and FTP add ons were sung in Eindhoven, I don't particularly recollect the Famine Song but then I agree it's harmless so it may not have registered.

I have only missed one away European game in the last six years and there is no question that things calmed down in the wake of the fines for Pamplona and Villarreal but there is equally no question that it has started up again with a vengeance.

It would be idle to speculate on the reasons for this but my feeling is that it began again in Bucharest at the Unirea game and certainly the atmosphere in Bursa was the worst I have come across - what on earth were Rangers fans doing hiding their faces with full balaclavas, taunting the oppostion fans with cries of Besiktas, days after a supporter was knifed to death. I was ashamed, after the wonderful welcome we got from the people of Bursa.

I know that that is violence I am describing but my experience is that sectarian chanting and violence often go hand in hand. I am NOT saying for one minute that everyone one who sings a sectarian song is violent. Far from it. It is also the case that most violence is perpertated ON Rangers fans rather than the other way around. What I am saying is that violent behaviour seems to instil a sense of "we don't care" that is sometimes manifested in the songs.

There are also a fair number of complete morons who think that it is in order to chant f*** yer pope on gaining entry to foreign countries and in some cases on attempting to gain entry and in airports and on scheduled airlines. How these people are able to travel with impunity is beyond my comprehension. I am convinced that Rangers know who they are or could easily find out with a few well placed cameras and enquiries.

My feeling is that in Eindhoven, there was a sense that we are in an Orange/Protestant country so anything goes and to be fair the locals were joining in the songs in the bars.

What such fans forget is that the match is being televised around Europe, so anything does not go.

It really doesn't matter who is doing the reporting, the Pope or the Chief Rabbi, if the songs weren't sung there would be nothing to report.

Why can't Rangers fans support the team by singing true Rangers songs and forget the sectarian nonsense.

I enjoy using football as an excuse to travel to new places, see the sites and chat to opposition fans and I am bitterly disappointed that the lack of thought and what is quite simply brazen sectarianism on the part of others looks like it is going to curtail these trips next season. The qualifyers often take us to unusual places e.g. Podgorica in Montenegro and it is most likely that those are type of games we will miss. My guess is that we will be heavily fined and get a one or two match away fans ban and another few games suspended sentence.

Lastly, do those who sing the songs ever stop to think how great it must be as a player running out on a foreign field and seeing a sea of blue tucked in the corner or how high up in the stands and how bad it will feel when they are not there.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
small typo

Most definitely TBB and FTP add ons were sung in Eindhoven, I don't particularly recollect the Famine Song but then I agree it's harmless so it may not have registered.

I have only missed one away European game in the last six years and there is no question that things calmed down in the wake of the fines for Pamplona and Villarreal but there is equally no question that it has started up again with a vengeance.

It would be idle to speculate on the reasons for this but my feeling is that it began again in Bucharest at the Unirea game and certainly the atmosphere in Bursa was the worst I have come across - what on earth were Rangers fans doing hiding their faces with full balaclavas, taunting the oppostion fans with cries of Besiktas, days after a supporter was knifed to death. I was ashamed, after the wonderful welcome we got from the people of Bursa.

I know that that is violence I am describing but my experience is that sectarian chanting and violence often go hand in hand. I am NOT saying for one minute that everyone one who sings a sectarian song is violent. Far from it. It is also the case that most violence is perpertated ON Rangers fans rather than the other way around. What I am saying is that violent behaviour seems to instil a sense of "we don't care" that is sometimes manifested in the songs.

There are also a fair number of complete morons who think that it is in order to chant f*** yer pope on gaining entry to foreign countries and in some cases on attempting to gain entry and in airports and on scheduled airlines. How these peole are able to travel with impunity is beyond my comprehension. I am convinced that Rangers know who they are or could easily find out with a few well placed cameras and enquiries.

My feeling is that in Eindhoven, there was a sense that we are in an Orange/Protestant country so anything goes and to be fair the locals were joining in the songs in the bars.

What such fans forget is that the match is being televised around Europe, so anything does not go.

It really doesn't matter who is doing the reporting, the Pope or the Chief Rabbi, if the songs weren't sung there would be nothing to report.

Why can't Rangers fans support the team by singing true Rangers songs and forget the sectarian nonsense.

I enjoy using football as an excuse to travel to new places, see the sites and chat to opposition fans and I am bitterly disappointed that the lack of thought and what is quite simply brazen sectarianism on the part of others looks like it is going to curtail these trips next season. The qualifyers often take us to unusual places e.g. Podgorica in Montenegro and it is most likely that those are type of games we will miss. My guess is that we will be heavily fined and get a one or two match away fans ban and another few games suspended sentence.

Lastly, do those who sing the songs ever stop to think how great it must be as a player running out on a foreign field and seeing a sea of blue tucked in the corner or how high up in the stands and how bad it will feel when they are not there.

Agree totally the club is far more important than singing a song that has actually nothing to do with our club. I admit I love the the chant but have nothing with the lyrics.