Absolutely right and it applies to fans as well as the club.

Maineflyer there are guys in my work , who are in their late 20's who believe this tripe that we are worse , when you challenge them they have no arguement other than "well that's what they say on the radio ...papers etc " blah blah

"They would need to have knowledge of the problems being looked at."

Obviously they wouldnt select a Rangers fan..... wonder what team this "volunteer" supports, given "they need to have knowledge of the problems being looked at".

Stitch up ? Course it is. Bain had better have his ducks lined up because if he is actually going to earn his exorbitant salary then this effort by FARE and UEFA could be shot down in a heartbeat.

I'ver said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter who reported us, what matters is that if the songs weren't sung (and they most certainly were in Eindhoven) then there would be nothing to report.

Rangers will get absolutely nowhere if the defence is attacking whoever compiled the report; in fact I would venture to suggest that it would be counter-productive.

Simply issuing repeated warnings and appeals to travelling fans, handing out uselss bits of paper when you collect your ticket are nothing more than window dressing. Positive action by refusing to give out tickets to fans who are falling down drunk, official Rangers stewards IN the crowd not just outside telling you where the nearest hot dog stand is located, plain clothes local or Scottish police if necessary, TV monitoring and banning fans who misbehave are just some of what is needed if Rangers are to be taken seriously in this respect.

I'ver said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter who reported us, what matters is that if the songs weren't sung (and they most certainly were in Eindhoven) then there would be nothing to report.

Rangers will get absolutely nowhere if the defence is attacking whoever compiled the report; in fact I would venture to suggest that it would be counter-productive.

Simply issuing repeated warnings and appeals to travelling fans, handing out uselss bits of paper when you collect your ticket are nothing more than window dressing. Positive action by refusing to give out tickets to fans who are falling down drunk, official Rangers stewards IN the crowd not just outside telling you where the nearest hot dog stand is located, plain clothes local or Scottish police if necessary, TV monitoring and banning fans who misbehave are just some of what is needed if Rangers are to be taken seriously in this respect.

That may very well be the case , but can you see UEFA allowing the fans of say Arsenal to report on Chelsea or Liverpool to report on Man Utd , its absolute lunacy to go down this route , I have no problem with UEFA doing their own policing , but what this is stating is that UEFA isn't fit for purpose

UEFA isn't fit for purpose

I agree that if UEFA either don't have or don't follow their own reports then you have a case against them but that still doesn't condone the behaviour of fans who bring the rest of us and our great Club into disrepute.

People in glass houses and all that........................

That said and whilst the report itself does seem a bit odd to say the least, UEFA would not be the only organisation to use outside agencies to assist them in doing their job; the government do it all the time.

I agree that if UEFA either don't have or don't follow their own reports then you have a case against them but that still doesn't condone the behaviour of fans who bring the rest of us and our great Club into disrepute.

People in glass houses and all that........................

That said and whilst the report itself does seem a bit odd to say the least, UEFA would not be the only organisation to use outside agencies to assist them in doing their job; the government do it all the time.

That then begs more questions than its answers , I cannot see UEFA allowing any power from outside , would go against everything they have previous for

All of this stems from a clear sense of injustice - one that will remain whether the songs are sung or not. To a large extent the songs are irrelevant in themselves. What's important to most bears is what the songs represent, the freedom to express our identity and feel pride in our heritage in the way the other mob do with theirs.

There is no doubt in my mind that we're caught in the middle of something that goes well beyond football and whether you like it or not, no one is going to be allowed to bury their head in the sand and pretend otherwise. When these songs are finally ditched, their offence will simply be attached to something else. Every time we behave like other football fans there will be another complaint of bigotry.

We know that there is no real offence taken at TBB other than it's us that are singing it. It may seem expedient just to stop singing it but how many times will they come back requiring that something else is given up and how many times will you think are enough? Where does it stop for you - this time, the next time, the time after that, or when?

Edited by maineflyer

To a large extent the songs are irrelevant in themselves. We know that there is no real offence taken at TBB other than it's us that are singing it.

I respect your opinions but I strongly disagree. Singing about being up to your knees in anyone's blood IS offensive and there is absolutely no need for it. Nor is there any need for any FTP add ons.

I have been a Rangers fan for more than 50 years and I don't feel the need to sing sectarian songs to "express (my) identity and feel pride in our heritage".

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo

I respect your opinions but I strongly disagree. Singing about being up to your knees in anyone's blood IS offensive and there is absolutely no need for it. Nor is there any need for any FTP add ons.

I have been a Rangers fan for more than 50 years and I don't feel the need to sing sectarian songs to "express (my) identity and feel pride in our heritage".

There is no definitive commodity called offence. I'm merely stating that many of those who shout loudest about their offence actually take no genuine offence at all and simply want to get one over on Rangers fans. If you find it genuinely offensive then that's your right but please don't use that to cover up the contrived nature of most of this affair. Celtic fans take equal 'offence' (ie they don't like it) at Derry's Walls, they just haven't found the leverage to contest it yet - but they will. I don't believe I've shouted ftp at anyone, ever, but I find the disingenuous nature of this false victimhood to be whole lot more offensive.