RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

As far as I know that is what all the commotion was a few weeks ago. Murray was moving shares clearing the path to take the tax bill to MIH. I am not sure though.

Edited by pete

As far as I know that is what all the commotion a few weeks ago. Murray was moving shares clearing the path to take the tax bill to MIH. I am not sure though.

I don't think so pete. I can't see why shares would need moved for the sake of the tax case. It was a relatively small number of shares and people were saying it was likely to have been done to help facilitate a takeover.

Nothing's been confirmed, but its an easy story for the press to hype up and have a field day with it. As its one of the "knowns" about the club, I'm guessing it would have been one of the first things Whyte would have wanted resolved.

I don't think MIH can take the tax bill as such, if Rangers are liable, surely it would still be the responsibility of Rangers to pay anything owed, but there may be some contracts drawn up confirming who will pay it for them although I'm sure its not as simple as that.

"A source close to LBG" tells me that a lot of the paperwork for the deal was signed overnight and could be done today or more likely Monday.

Just a quick thought , how can this be the case when there has been no official bid been made for the club yet , is this usual procedure

Just a quick thought , how can this be the case when there has been no official bid been made for the club yet , is this usual procedure

I'm not sure anyone is making a bid for the club. Surely this will be a simple sharesale between two individuals, one selling one buying. Effectively, the company won't change hands, only control of it.