Here we go again - more anti Rangers propaganda from the bheasts

No. It seems that this was all known about last week but they (press, celtic?) just wait until closer to the OF game before making it public.

It's also now only a week before our cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Thursday 28th. Very timely indeed.

Guest Dutchy
It's also now only a week before our cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Thursday 28th. Very timely indeed.

I don't think Rangers should be found guilty for an entirely seperate matter as there is no culprit as yet.

Platini has just been on the radio saying that politics and religion shouldn't be brought into football, so that means, well..... anything really.

I don't think Rangers should be found guilty for an entirely seperate matter as there is no culprit as yet.

Platini has just been on the radio saying that politics and religion shouldn't be brought into football, so that means, well..... anything really.

The summit should never have happened, there is one example of politics forcing their way into football.

As a few people have said here already though, these things and how they're reported alter public perception and there's an underlying accusation that these things were done by big bad Rangers bigots which could easily (most likely IMO) upset the fairness of our UEFA hearing next week. I really do believe that this has been masterminded for exactly that purpose; to further enhance the sectarianism campaign against us.

GAZZA: Terror death threats drove me to alcoholic binges.. and forced me out of Scotland; TROUBLED RANGERS LEGEND'S IRA FEARS

Byline: JAMES TAIT

RANGERS legend Paul Gascoigne Paul John Gascoigne (born 27 May, 1967 in Gateshead, England), often referred to as Gazza, is a retired English football player who is widely regarded as one of the most gifted footballers of his generation.

..... Click the link for more information. has revealed that IRA death threats drove him to drink - and helped force him out of Scotland.

The fallen football star was targeted after he infamously mimicked playing the flute in front of Celtic fans during an Old Firm game.

And he was so scared of being attacked that police taught him to check for explosives in his mail and under his car.

Gascoigne, whose career hit the rocks after he turned to booze Booze

sold cheap whiskey in a log-cabin bottle. [Am. Hist.: Espy, 152–153]

See : Drunkenness , said: "It was a suicidal su�·i�·cid�·al

adj.

1. Of or relating to suicide.

2. Likely to attempt suicide. thing to do. I was just so furious with them for shouting abuse at me that I did the only thing I could think of that would shut them up.

Ads by GoogleMeet Pretty Chinese Girls

Feel alone?Meet sweet chinese girl& find your companion in China.Join!

http://www.ChnLove.asia

Download MP3 Editor

Professional mp3 editing software for your computer. Free download.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad

"The next day I was in my car and a bloke drove up beside me, wound down his window, pulled out a knife and said: 'Gascoigne, I'm going to slit your f***ing throat'.

"I was absolutely terrified ter�·ri�·fy

tr.v. ter�·ri�·fied, ter�·ri�·fy�·ing, ter�·ri�·fies

1. To fill with terror; make deeply afraid. See Synonyms at frighten.

2. To menace or threaten; intimidate. , then death threats started arriving through the post."

The former England international's "flute" gesture - imitating an Orange marching band Noun 1. marching band - a band that marches (as in a parade) and plays music at the same time

band - instrumentalists not including string players member - took place at Parkhead on January 2, 1998.

And he claims that his once glittering glit�·ter

n.

1. A sparkling or glistening light.

2. Brilliant or showy, often superficial attractiveness.

3. Small pieces of light-reflecting decorative material.

intr.v. career started to go downhill from that point.

Gascoigne, now 38, said: "One letter was from someone claiming to be writing on the behalf of the IRA and they said they would get me.

"I was so terrified I reported it to the police. They took it very seriously and tracked down the bloke who had written it.

"They couldn't do anything about his threat to kill me as he was living in Dublin, but they said if he ever came to Scotland or England, they could do him the moment he set foot on these shores.

"The police came to my house and showed me how to open letters and packages in case there might be a letter bomb.

"I was taught how to look under my car before getting into it, in case someone had attached an explosive.

"I was worried, and sometimes scared, and then suddenly, after about six months, the police came to see me one day.

"They said they'd had a call from the bloke, and they were sure it was him, who now said I could forget it - they weren't going to get me after all.

"That was a massive relief."

Gazza told how his friend, TV presenter Chris Evans, tried to make a joke of the situation by buying him a T-shirt with a target on the front of it for the IRA to shoot at.

But he was so tormented by the threats that he said it led him to binge-drink and was influential in his decision to leave the Ibrox club.

He said: "In my third season at Rangers things weren't so good, especially in the last few months.

"My head wasn't right. I got really worried about the IRA and other things.

"So I was trying to escape from all my problems in drink.

"My head seemed to be about to explode with all the things nagging me."

Gascoigne, who has struggled to find a new club to play for, is currently on a nationwide tour promoting his autobiography, Gazza: My Story.

CAPTION(S):

BIG REGRET: Gazza's flute antics led to death threats

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/GAZZA%3A+Terror+death+threats+drove+me+to+alcoholic+binges..+and+forced...-a0118721648

Celtic fans catalogue of death threats against footballer and his baby

Extracts from Rangers' Spanish football player Nacho Novo's autobiography.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2967454/Play-in-Old-Firm-match-and-you-die.html#ixzz0nZSyzI5r

"NET neds, RIP slogans, death threats, car vandalism - then Celtic 'fans' put my ADDRESS on the internet.

I learned of it in an early evening call from a pal and was sent into a fury.

Who? Where? Why? B*******! What the... ?

So many thoughts started to go through my mind. What's going to happen now? Will anyone try anything? They better not come near my family.

A Celtic 'fans' forum had posted my full home address and my car registration number. They were urging people to come and pay me and my family 'a visit'.

It's common knowledge when Rangers play all their away games. What if someone came to the house when I was away? I would not have my family under threat.

That night, the club arranged for plainclothes security guys to sit in a car outside my house.

I was advised that, for my family's safety, and mine, they'd be there around the clock for two weeks. I couldn't believe it had come to this. But I had no option. Now I was always under the impression that everything you did online was traceable.

Here we were with conclusive proof of who posted my full home address and my car registration number. Surely an open-and-shut case?

Well, if anyone was ever arrested over the incident then someone forgot to tell me. The whole internet saga led to a new song.

It's not quite as sinister as wanting me to die in my sleep from a bullet from the IRA, which was the other one I used to hear being sung at me during Old Firm games.

This new song proclaimed that the Celtic support 'know where you stay Nacho Novo'. And they did. Thanks to some anonymous internet coward. Every time I play at Celtic there's an individual who waits at the side of the bus and abuses me in Spanish when we walk off to go into the stadium - it's as if he goes out of his way to try to offend me.

The reality is I am embarrassed for him, he's so driven by hate that he queues up simply to abuse me. According to what he shouts at me, because I am Spanish that must make me a Catholic and as a Catholic I should never have signed for Rangers.

I've disgraced my religion by choosing the blue half of Glasgow. The only problem I have with all this is I'm NOT a Catholic - in fact I'm not very religious at all. That doesn't seem to matter to him though.Another phone call back in January sounded all too familiar.

'Have you seen what they've done on the internet this time? They've set up a Facebook page looking for a million people to say they hate you.'

I started to laugh, it's all so juvenile and sad.

'That's not all Nacho. They've said some things, some things about you and Javier'. I lost the plot - Javier, my baby son, was only in this world a matter of days and there was no need to bring him into it.

I tried to calm myself down. However, it was in the wake of the petrol attack on DaMarcus Beasley's car and some internet hardman had decided he wanted my car registration number so he could burn my new baby son and me alive.

THE envelope that lay on the doormat in my fiancee's Inverkip flat delivered the chilling threat.

There was no name on the front but there was no doubt who it was aimed at.

The scrawled writing said: "If you play against Celtic on Sunday, you will get ******g done in. We'll kill you, you Rangers b******."

I read it a couple of times before it sank in. A crucial Old Firm clash at Parkhead in February 2005 was looming and the off-field problems I'd encountered since signing for Rangers had escalated to a whole new level.

There had been some unsavoury incidents but Donna, my fiancee, and I had tried not to let it bother us. They were morons, scum, I would say to her.

But this was a DEATH THREAT. I didn't know what to do.

My fear was that if the police had come to see me and had a look at the letter - and it had then leaked to the press which would have been extremely likely - there would be a huge circus before the game. That was the last thing I wanted.

Donna and I decided to keep it between us. Looking back, maybe that wasn't the right call. But would they have found the person responsible? Highly unlikely.

I was a shaken by the whole thing, concerned for Donna and the two boys, Dylan and Ross, as she would be in the flat herself over the next few days.

I felt the best option would be to ignore it, answer these scumbags ON the pitch. I was determined to go out and show them that I would not be intimidated by anyone or anything.

I played and scored the second goal as we won 2-0.

There have been some really disturbing things I've had to endure as a Rangers player in Glasgow.

Forget the car trashings and numerous tyre-slashings - I was attacked in the street in broad daylight in the middle of Glasgow out shopping with my family!

We didn't bother too much with reporting a catalogue of car vandalism to the police. Maybe we should have, things were about to take a sinister turn.

I'd just scored my first goal against Celtic in a 2-0 win at Ibrox. I never go out after Old Firm matches into the city and just went back to Donna's flat.

The next day we just lounged around and watched some DVDs.

I was very tired and slept a lot as I always do after games.

On the Sunday night we went out to get a takeaway. Both of us jumped into the car and as we drove out the lights shone on the huge fence around the building.

'Novo RIP' had been painted in huge, white letters.

Donna and I still laugh about this as my English wasn't the greatest. As I stared at the graffiti I kept saying: "Novo rip, Novo rip". She sighed: "Nacho, that means Rest In Peace. It's what they say when people die!"

I was going off my head. I couldn't believe that someone would do such a thing, daub such a sickening message outside where your fiancee lived.

We reported it to the police. Rangers were also very concerned and the club's security people talked to the police to air their concerns about the amount of things that were going on without anyone ever being caught.

That pleased me, but didn't fully put my mind at rest. There was always a lingering fear things could start up again. They did.

Myself, Dylan, Ross, Donna and her aunt Maureen had been enjoying a day's shopping.

Out of nowhere this guy ran alongside me and the next thing - bang - he turned, looked at me square-on and punched me right on the side of the face.

I was dazed. Donna hadn't seen what had happened as it was over so quickly but Maureen was shouting: "That guy just punched Nacho."

The guy turned and started running. He had been drinking in a pub on the corner. I flipped. I took off after him and caught up quickly.

I tripped him up. I was in a rage. How dare he punch me for no reason in front of my family?

I started laying in to him as he scrambled about on the ground. He was outside the door of the pub now and Donna, the kids and Maureen soon arrived and tried to haul me away.

Some of the guys in the pub emerged at the door, as did the manager.

I stopped hitting the guy and he was held up in the doorway of the pub. I was going mad, shouting and bawling at him. My face was stinging. He had smacked me big-time.

His pal said to Donna when she asked what the hell he was playing at: "We were sitting having a pint. He was just looking out the window and he said 'Hold on, I'll be back in a minute' before he put his pint down.

"The next thing he ran out the door. He's a Celtic fan. He doesn't like Novo."

This guy hated me so much that he would leave his friends while having a quiet drink, run outside a bar and sneak up on a footballer and punch him because he didn't like him. I was livid.

I just shook my head and walked away. He muttered: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it."

But he'd meant it alright."

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.com/2010/05/celtic-fans-catalogue-of-death-threats.html

Sandy Jardine recalls receiving a death threat from the IRA during the 1974 World Cup. The threat was aimed at him and Willie Ormond before the Yugoslavia game, and security was increased. Paratroopers were brought in, every one of them over six feet tall, and they were lined up so that Sandy and Willie could walk between them to avoid sharpshooters.

The rest of the players treated it as a wee joke and a laugh, and Sandy never gave it too much thought. He didn't think it was serious and the security gave him some comfort.

That World Cup was different to what everyone had been expecting because of the heightened media focus and everything going out on TV, so it was new and strange. The palyers got used to detah threats and the heightened security around them. As a player and a team that was the highlight of Sandy's career, so his main focus was on the football and wanting to do well.

http://programmes.stv.tv/the-football-years/1974/the-full-story/227952-the-full-story-the-world-cup-invincible-failures-sandy-jardine/

Rangers player’s car set on fire

DaMarcus Beasley’s BMW targeted by firebugs

Published: 03/02/2010

FIRE: Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley's car was set alight.

FIRE: Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley's car was set alight. FIRE: Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley's car was set alight.

RANGERS footballer DaMarcus Beasley’s car was deliberately set on fire in a Glasgow Street.

Police said Beasley’s BMW was found on fire at Glasgow’s Queen’s Gardens.

Strathclyde Police said they were treating the incident on Monday as wilful fireraising.

US winger DaMarcus Beasley, who joined Rangers in 2007, has played in two World Cups.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1589914#ixzz1K5q6MFz0