Thoughts on the Era so far

Despite being overseas, Ive been lucky enough to watch most of our games so far this season. Ive saw us on TV against Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Hearts and Celtic, and managed to make visits to Ibrox for the games against Molde and Aberdeen.

During the opening games I was impressed with our attacking play and liked the formation of 4-2-3-1 that Le Guen brought. I felt it just need a bit more time and a bit of luck but it was early in the season and players were still a bit rusty. The chances we created in the match against Dundee Utd alone were enought to hit double figures and despite the result it was a great game to watch at Ibrox again.

Recently Le Guen has tinkered with the formation a bit and put out 2 wingers which is clicking on occassions. But it showed when we deployed this at Celtic away we couldnt get in the game bar a 15 min spell in the 2nd half. So it was a bit of going back to the drawing board for Le Guen.

Its now Mid October (and this time last year we where having our worst run ever) and we really should be a settled side by now, however we dont know who our number 1 keeper will be when all 3 are fit, we dont know who are our better centre half partnership, we dont know who is going to play wide and we dont know who will play upfront.

I still have full confidence Le Guen will get it right and that he is the man for the job but we need to see some consistancy soon with a heavy log of games domestically and in europe coming up.

I think PLG has settled for Bardsley,Smith,Papac and J-Rod for the back four...

Fergie and Clement will be a stick on for centre mid...Dado wide left..and either Boyd or Sebo up front...The rest of the team is a bit of a lottery due to the injuries to the widemen!!

As for Goalkeeper..McGregor should keep the jersey as he has done nothing wrong to lose his place IMO.

The honeymoon period does seem to be over and Le Guen has had the two months he asked for. We've what we would consider a relatively easy run of games in league coming up where we have to and should win every game. Le Gaffer has used up all his slack and really can't drop any more silly points.

We also need at least a draw in Livorno and must win our UEFA home games.

It's a defining time for Le Guen and he needs to start showing he can make a difference.

I think we'll all give PLG a full season to really make our judgement but it'll still be a bumpy ride for him if he can't starting stringing the results together and show us that we are progressing.

PS I think we might be quite active in the January transfer window as I don't think it'll be too hard for the Frenchman to twist the Mint's arm and get him to blow the cobwebs from his wallet.

It's a defining season for Murray too after all.

Murray won't spend any money while he is actively trying to make the club look as attractive as possible for sale.

Any money we make from the UEFA Cup might be spent though but I'd imagine there will be no more than £1million to spend when the window opens.

There may be more if we're still in the UEFA Cup and/or in with a decent chance of winning the league.

That's what I'm counting on but I also believe that PLG did not spend all of his budget in the summer. I have a feeling he has at least a million left in the kitty and qualifying for UEFA after Christmas should release another million or two.

It's hard to believe that PLG would come given a budget of less than 3M per year just so that the debt can become zero when it's normal for most clubs to carry some debt.

From what Murray has said, I think that we have to rely on our European earnings for extra spending and we should make at least 2M gross from each home game.

I could be wrong but I expect two or three signings in January for a net spend of a couple of million. i don't think that'll break the bank.

I also expect the likes of Novo and possibly Rae to leave to make room.

Mmm its a tricky one, Le Guen has certainly brought a good sum of players so whether he will add in January will depend on the loans going back to there club and if the likes of Rae and Novo leave.

A injury crisis would obviously see us bring in 1 or 2 loans.

Sebo's goal vs the sheepies may prove decisive as it prevented us losing more ground on the seamus' and hopefully instilled a bit of confidence around the team whilst getting the aberdeen bogey off our backs...we do have a relatively easy run of games and need to pick up some points...i was also happy to see LeGuen's delighted reaction to Sebo's goal...shows he cares and again hopefully that will translate to the team.. but the shaky defence needs sorting out ASAP... J-Rod beware...