Sales pitch seals deal! Whyte convinces Ibrox board he is the man for Gers takeover

For me Brian Laudrup is and always will be a Rangers Legend. I think we will be lucky to EVER see a player like him again in our colours.

As much as I thnk Jelavic is a quality player there is just no comparison between the two

Nothing new to add mate.

I'm just hoping that one of the reasons the Whyte deal may be progressing is because he and the other interested parties may be working closer together.

I think I would be far happier with this scenario than Whyte on his own. Using multiple high net worth individuals, whilst possibly causing friction in the boardroom, also spreads the risk financially - and prevents there from being the "SDM stigma" of one person running roughshod over everything.

Plus, there should also be a higher amount of finance available for the things that matter - playing staff, stadium refurbishment, training dacilities, youth development, scouting network.

Guest Scuba_87

Has anyone heard anything about the apparent redevelopment around the stadium which is supposed to be being funded and/or developed by Andrew Ellis, as he is/was supposed to be a major player in the CW deal. Just wondering if anyone's heard anything?

Has anyone heard anything about the apparent redevelopment around the stadium which is supposed to be being funded and/or developed by Andrew Ellis, as he is/was supposed to be a major player in the CW deal. Just wondering if anyone's heard anything?

There is very little other than speculation about Whyte's plans let alone what Ellis' involvement is.

Ellis obviously brings a property angle to the deal and people are worried for a few reasons:

1. He wanted to move stadiums when involved with another club.

2. His property businesses are hardly huge successes.

3. He'll want to sell/leaseback Ibrox Stadium and/or sell Murray Park to develop that land.

4. MIH/PPG didn't do any of this despite having similar interests.

Obviously, none of us know what his intentions are but it seems clear that Whyte values his input given he's offering him a share of the purchase to be paid back in the future.

To be honest, I'm not overly fussy about Murray Park being redeveloped as long as we build an alternative (and make it bigger and better) first.

Guest Scuba_87

Is it not part of the terms of sale that Murray Park and Ibrox have to be kept under the ownership of Rangers?? I thought this was one of the stumbling blocks in the initial enquiry for the club. Dont get me wrong I can only try an recall what would effectively be seen as speculation but it seemed pretty credible at the time. On top of that Murray wouldn't put the future of the club jeapordy to line someone else's pockets surely??

Is it not part of the terms of sale that Murray Park and Ibrox have to be kept under the ownership of Rangers?? I thought this was one of the stumbling blocks in the initial enquiry for the club. Dont get me wrong I can only try an recall what would effectively be seen as speculation but it seemed pretty credible at the time. On top of that Murray wouldn't put the future of the club jeapordy to line someone else's pockets surely??

I'd fancy the bid oversight committee would be pretty scathing if there will ill-advised plans of selling either Ibrox or Murray Park.

However, neither should they (or us) be of a closed mind if redevelopment is possible to the benefit of all.

It should be a good thing for Whyte and his backers can make money from owning Rangers. If they do that, then chances are our club should benefit as well. It's up to us to ensure that is the case.