UEFA impose one match away ban on Rangers

As Whosthedado said though pete, we need to know specifically what can be deemed as ammunition and what can't.

We do know that the Billy boys is the main tune to be banned. FTP and fenian bastard are also high on the list. The "we don't know" argument is crap and will never stand up in any court. We need to put our own house in order and then we can go about getting things evened up. We can only fight back from the top of the hill looking down

We do know that the Billy boys is the main tune to be banned. FTP and fenian bastard are also high on the list. The "we don't know" argument is crap and will never stand up in any court.

Wait a minute though pete. The rules are completely in flux. The ones you point out are obvious, but we've got companies banning Union flags for the Royal wedding here remember. Where does it all end? The "we don't know" argument isn't crap at all.

We need to put our own house in order and then we can go about getting things evened up. We can only fight back from the top of the hill looking down

Can't argue with that, although as I said, I definitely hope the club fights this UEFA decision all the way.

As Whosthedado said though pete, we need to know specifically what can be deemed as ammunition and what can't.

Couldnt agree more with this because its more like making things up as they go along. Id also add 'why' to 'what'.

If Uefa would tell us what the "unwanted" songs/chants are it would help

Well, to start with, anything about the white man in the frock, the "f" word, or the "c" word. Think you're alright about Irish terrorists, unless you refer to the "c" or "f" words, which gets me quite confused too.

PS: on a positive note, I think they also see the "h" word as naughty too - wouldn't bet on it, but that still leaves 23 letters to knock back before Christmas. Unless Christmas is going to be offensive too.

They won't just do that without prompting. We should strongly appeal this and if we lose, then the club (with the help of the RSCs etc) is going to have to ask UEFA to review our whole song book and tell us what is acceptable.

They initially cited Build my Gallows but accepted the clubs submission that it was in no way sectarian, but the club could do nothing to defend itself when faced with documented evidence of the "Fuck the Pope" add ons and the use of the word Fenian, that fact and the possibility of increased sanctions if any appeal should fail will probably mean that the club will decline the opportunity to appeal.

The club are deeply concerned about the manner of the prosecution of this matter particularly the Kafkaesque nature of the anonymity of the accuser/witness and are pushing for the identity to be revealed, but are aware of fact that the likely suspect has already been outed.

I like to think it's by democratic right in a free society to sing what I want where I want and when I want it but that is tempered by my love of the club and now omit singing anything which will damage the club, there's still a time and a place for singing our songs but that place is not in front of anyone who can use them as a stick to batter us with.

The next sanction after closed doors is a total ban from European competition, there is no doubt that those orchestrating the campaign against us namely the sex pesting dope smoking self declared we taig across the city and his acolytes , his posse of compliant journalists (that's journalists in the loosest possible meaning of the word) and all the assorted Rangers haters have the total ban as the destination where they want us to arrive.

Let's all wise up and stop supplying them with the ammunition.

They initially cited Build my Gallows but accepted the clubs submission that it was in no way sectarian, but the club could do nothing to defend itself when faced with documented evidence of the "Fuck the Pope" add ons and the use of the word Fenian, that fact and the possibility of increased sanctions if any appeal should fail will probably mean that the club will decline the opportunity to appeal.

The club are deeply concerned about the manner of the prosecution of this matter particularly the Kafkaesque nature of the anonymity of the accuser/witness and are pushing for the identity to be revealed, but are aware of fact that the likely suspect has already been outed.

I like to think it's by democratic right in a free society to sing what I want where I want and when I want it but that is tempered by my love of the club and now omit singing anything which will damage the club, there's still a time and a place for singing our songs but that place is not in front of anyone who can use them as a stick to batter us with.

The next sanction after closed doors is a total ban from European competition, there is no doubt that those orchestrating the campaign against us namely the sex pesting dope smoking self declared we taig across the city and his acolytes , his posse of compliant journalists (that's journalists in the loosest possible meaning of the word) and all the assorted Rangers haters have the total ban as the destination where they want us to arrive.

Let's all wise up and stop supplying them with the ammunition.

That will be the term that is displayed on banners held up by the offended support , not difficult to defend that one

I agree with Zappa,I think the club have an opportunity to get UEFA to inform us what is acceptable and what is not,they need to push for this because the BHEASTS won't stop,they will simply move on to another song to be offended by.

I agree with Zappa,I think the club have an opportunity to get UEFA to inform us what is acceptable and what is not,they need to push for this because the BHEASTS won't stop,they will simply move on to another song to be offended by.

I'm not comfortable with a passive "hands up we're guilty as sin" approach on this. I think it's a good idea to engage with UEFA and make inroads into appeasing them in the short term and being seen to be proactively getting our house in order in the long term.

However, all these issues are not going to disappear. There is a campaign against us and it needs to be countered effectively in the same way it is being waged.

It seems to be fairly clear. Mentioning the pope and use of fenian seem to be the 2 issues.