exactly frankie. why would you play a goalkeeper who has handed in a transfer request ahead of one who is contracted to the club and chosen as first pick?

mcgregor's done well, but i think you need players in who are commited to the cause.

even so - based on form alone i've been much more convinced with mcgregor than i have been with letizi.

Mcgregor if anything has more to prove to us - given he's young, says he wants to stay but hasn't ever really been given a chance.

I'm realy quite dissapointed with this decision.

I'm disappointed at the decision but agree that the transfer request and his outburst in the newspapers probably contributed to the decision.

We all applauded PLG when he sent Ricksen packing after rocking the boat, so we shouldn't be surprised that he exerts his authority here. He has to show strength in management and MacGregor tried to pre-empt his decision.

Could it have been different if he kept his mouth shut? Who knows.

I dont think his recent outburst (if you can call it that) had much, if anything, to do with it at all. Seems to me that PLG knew that Letizi would be brought back in regardless if McGregor made that statement the other day.

Ricksen rocking the boat was a completely different scenario - just where has McGregor broken PLG's rules of conduct ? That is a poor comparison in my opinion calscot (aside from PLG exerting authority).

I doubt it would have been different had he kept his mouth shut - but I guess we will never know.

The driving factor for me (and I may be in the minority here) is FORM - if a player is playing well enough to be in the team then he deserves to be in the team - and McGregor has played well enough to retain his place.

Whilst we want to play players who are in it for the long-term we are in a results driven business and McGregor has contributed more than Letizi thus far this season IMO.

Also, while you have the argument that you play players who are not on transfer requests there is also the opposite issue, as stated earlier, of now having fringe players who may not care less about continuing to make an effort at getting into the team as they could see this situation as PLG favouring players regardless of form and that, IMO, is more of a concern than playing someone on a transfer request.

I'm in the dissapointed camp on this one. Form has to be a factor in the decision making but we'll probably never found out what has been said behind closed doors or if McGregor's comments in the press have been a factor although I suspect they have. A tough learning curve for McGregor and perhaps the end of his Ibrox career.

Why did McGregor hand in a request though? Because he felt he was good enough to do a job for us but was fed up with being given a couple of games a season and then being dumped back in the reserves. The lad has been very patient, waiting how many years for his chance? After a superb few matches this season, I bet he was waiting for PLG to sit him down and discuss the way forward, maybe a new deal or something? maybe to be told that as long as he carried on playing like that, he could hardly be dropped.

I'm guessing that never happened which is maybe why the comments came out last week and were immediately blown out of all proportion. Remember this is also the lad who found out in the newspapers that PLG was planning to bring back Letizi regardless of how McGregor played.

Sorry, but I don't see how this lad isn't committed to us, he's waited years for his chance, done nothing wrong and still gets shat on from a great height.