Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

Who is right then? Brahim or Alastair Johnston? lol

Perhaps both of us?

My information is that the Board did indeed reject the deal but have been put under pressure by SDM and whilst it is clear from the statement that they do not support it in its current form they may not stand in its way as that would most likely take the situation of a hostile bid into July which would be damaging to the Club.

I am confident that I have not been used as the informant is a friend very close to the action at the LBG end but he is NOT on the Board of RST so not privy to every last detail.

Perhaps both of us?

My information is that the Board did indeed reject the deal but have been put under pressure by SDM and whilst it is clear from the statement that they do not support it in its current form they may not stand in its way as that would most likely take the situation of a hostile bid into July which would be damaging to the Club.

I am confident that I have not been used as the informant is a friend very close to the action at the LBG end but he is NOT on the Board of RST so not privy to every last detail.

However, since you're willing to put your opinions forward voluntarily, you also need to acknowledge that you haven't exactly been a reliable source of information to date. Sometimes it's best to hold your own counsel and let events speak for themselves - otherwise you need to accept what follows misplaced speculation, no matter how well-founded you might think it is.

Are you saying that the RST DO have access to all the details?

Interestingly enough, a senior member of the RST board seemed to be speaking out against the Whyte bid yesterday.

Are you saying that the RST DO have access to all the details?

Interestingly enough, a senior member of the RST board seemed to be speaking out against the Whyte bid yesterday.

Whoops, absolutely not.

For RST read RFC!

However, since you're willing to put your opinions forward voluntarily, you also need to acknowledge that you haven't exactly been a reliable source of information to date. Sometimes it's best to hold your own counsel and let events speak for themselves - otherwise you need to accept what follows misplaced speculation, no matter how well-founded you might think it is.

I take your point absolutely, but the information about the deal being closed on April 18th was accurate at the time as I believe was proven by comments from CW, LBG and SDM. Equally I believe the information I have posted on this thread is accurate and whilst Johnston is not saying that they have rejected the offer equally they are making it abundantly clear that they are not prepared to recommend it as it stands.

In both cases, however, the events moved very fast so what might have been an accurate statement of the position one minute might be quickly superceeded by moves from the other interested parties e.g. Paul Murray, and of course they are all spinning and briefing against each other.

So yes we should all be cautious, most of all those who post new threads, but I stand by the information, which was indeed well-founded and not idle speculation.

Lets face it what we are witnessing here is the biggest game of "my dad's bigger than your dad ever" with the prize being Rangers FC .

I have no doubt Dave King and Paul Murray are bricking it just now , they have had years to get this sorrted and now are panicking as Whyte has stolen a march on them , who has the best bid , who would be better for us god only knows . both seem to be shifting debt around , the HMRC thing is now hardly even mentioned , either way this cannot be allowed to go on much longer , I happen to think Frankie's route of an AGM would be the best route but only Murray can force that through (SDM that is ) but he is only looking out for himself .

Lets face it what we are witnessing here is the biggest game of "my dad's bigger than your dad ever" with the prize being Rangers FC .

I have no doubt Dave King and Paul Murray are bricking it just now , they have had years to get this sorrted and now are panicking as Whyte has stolen a march on them , who has the best bid , who would be better for us god only knows . both seem to be shifting debt around , the HMRC thing is now hardly even mentioned , either way this cannot be allowed to go on much longer , I happen to think Frankie's route of an AGM would be the best route but only Murray can force that through (SDM that is ) but he is only looking out for himself .

As with the HMRC debt I found Murray's statement that if he takes over it will be a debt for MIH but if Whyte takes over it will be Ranger's debt. That seems very strange to me that Whyte hasn't got that sorted out and is willing to take it over from MIH. I can't believe that to be honest.

As with the HMRC debt I found Murray's statement that if he takes over it will be a debt for MIH but if Whyte takes over it will be Ranger's debt. That seems very strange to me that Whyte hasn't got that sorted out and is willing to take it over from MIH. I can't believe that to be honest.

But it isn't with MIH. It's with Rangers, which makes PM's comments all the stranger.