Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

It appears that the Board did indeed reject the deal as it stood last weekend and as a result have been able to improve it, exactly how, no doubt will come out in due course.

I think that Johnston has chosen his words very carefully. Saying that the deal has been improved for the benefit of the Club is some way from saying that it is a good deal for the Club.

Personally I remain of the view that it is nothing of the sort.

Leaving aside �£6 million to Murray for his shares; essentially all that seems to be happening is that CW/Offshore Company lends money to Rangers who use the money to pay off LBG, with say $5m+ left over this year for the war chest and who knows what in coming seasons.

In these circumstances is the �£5m+ a gift or a loan, my strong suspicion is the latter.

So what we need to have is a spreadsheet showing all the terms of the current borrowing in one column and all the terms from Offshore Co. in another. Chances of that..........

When will we be sure of what is happening? I would imagine we will not be sure until the books are published next year and we can see what we owe and where.

I thought he'd need 100% of the shares to go private - 90% allows him to compulsory purchase the rest of the shares. Therefore no shareholders to show...

Lets hope he can never get the extra 5% he needs then to get the last 10% on a compulsory sale

SDM shares vary from 85%-93% what is it? I would like to think its the lesser so we don't entirely become private.

85% is quoted on the most things I have read.