Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Marcelo Alejandro Estigarribia (21 settembre 1987) - Gioca in Argentina, al Newell's Old Boys, ma �¨ ancora di propriet�  del Le Mans, club francese che l'ha ceduto in prestito dopo la retrocessione in seconda serie. Giocher�  la Coppa America, �¨ seguito dai Glasgow Rangers che hanno gi�  fiutato l'affare, con il contratto tra il calciatore e il Le Mans che scadr�  tra un anno. Esterno sinistro, perfetto in un centrocampo a cinque sulla corsia mancina. Ha gran passo sulla fascia, far�  parte della spedizione in Argentina del Paraguay.

TRANSLATED

Marcelo Alejandro Estigarribia (September 21, 1987) - Play in Argentina, at Newell's Old Boys, but it still belongs to Le Mans, the French club who has loaned out after relegation to the second series. He will play the Copa America, followed by Glasgow Rangers who have already sensed the deal, with the contract between the player and the Le Mans which will expire in one year. Inside left, perfect in a midfield five on the left hand lane. He has great pace on the wing, will join the expedition to Argentina and Paraguay.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=273253

Obviously we have to take it with a pinch of salt. But i can’t see Ally traveling to South America on a whim, he must have had a good heads up and a solid prospect of signing a player or two

I firmly believe that the club wanted Cuellar to leave as much, if not more than he wanted to.

If he hadn't left then there is no Davis, Edu and Mendes, and if there is no Davis, Edu and Mendes we don't have a midfield and we don't win the league that season, we don't get the CL cash the following season and we fail to win the league again.

Cuellar leaving was instrumental to us getting 3IAR, and I hate to think where we would be today if had stayed.

I firmly believe that the club wanted Cuellar to leave as much, if not more than he wanted to.

If he hadn't left then there is no Davis, Edu and Mendes, and if there is no Davis, Edu and Mendes we don't have a midfield and we don't win the league that season, we don't get the CL cash the following season and we fail to win the league again.

Cuellar leaving was instrumental to us getting 3IAR, and I hate to think where we would be today if had stayed.

Which just means that seeling Cuellar could prove to have been a cracking piece of business as, since he left, we have won 3 consecutive league titles - to then get him back whilst the right side of 30 would be cracking business IMO.

Pretty risky period all round then BD because IIRC we didn't get all of the Cuellar cash up front and the spending on Davis, Edu and Mendes must have played a major part in what you've described yourself as the club bordering on very serious financial trouble.

KYLE BARTLEY last night pleaded with Arsene Wenger to let him go back to Rangers - instead of being a reserve Gunner.

The Arsenal star is Gers boss Ally McCoist's first choice defensive transfer target this summer.

And the 20-year-old, who impressed in nine Light Blues games on loan last season before being struck down by a knee injury, is now hoping to get the news he wants next week.

Gers No2 Kenny McDowall confirmed to SunSport last month that Bartley was wanted for the four-in-a-row push on a season-long loan.

McCoist intends to call Wenger over the next few days while it's believed ex-boss Walter Smith has also tried to help his successor.

Bartley broke off from a Caribbean trip to tell SunSport: "I'm still waiting to hear how Arsene feels about my situation. I've a long-term contract with Arsenal and I'll abide by whatever decision is made.

"But it's no secret I loved my time at Rangers - and they'd definitely be my first choice if my manager was to send me out on loan again.

"I have spoken to Ally several times since the end of the season and he has made it clear he'd like me to return.

"People are on holiday, but I'm hoping for an answer soon about where I'll be next season."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3629418/Bartleys-plea-for-Rangers-move.html#ixzz1OqmtAwbK

RANGERS last night rejected an improved bid of �£600,000 from Bursaspor for Steven Whittaker.

Now Gers boss Ally McCoist has told the Turkish giants to FORGET their dogged pursuit of Whittaker who is one of his prized assets.

McCoist told SunSport: "I don't even want to know what the new bid was. I am trying to build a squad here, not dismantle one.

"Steven is a crucial part of that and I'm confident he will stay and we can clinch a new deal for him.

"Steven was superb for us last season, I have spoken with him and I feel his heart is here at Rangers."

But Coisty knows the cash-rich Turks can TRIPLE Whittaker's �£8,000-a-week wage.

SunSport revealed yesterday Bursa - who lured Kenny Miller to Turkey in January - were poised to up their initial �£450,000 offer for versatile Scotland star Whittaker.

They are now expected to test Coisty's resolve again by coming back with a third bid and are prepared to go up to �£1million to get their man.

Meanwhile, McCoist has also targeted keeper Allan McGregor and midfielder Steven Davis for new deals.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3629499/Ally-Forget-Whitty-Bursa.html#ixzz1OqopOZfV

All this talk of wanting current players to sign new contracts but seeing/hearing nothing is beginning to get on my moobs!

These things take time. Guys like Davis and McGregor are assets and will expect a reasonable wage rise - but I'd hope they'll be tied down within a week or two.