Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

We'd probably offer him �£25k and hope his desire to rejoin is burning enough that the wage loss doesn't kill him.

It's been mentioned that he never won the SPL while here. Perhaps he considers that unfinished business. After all, he will never win anything at Villa.

2M is'a snip' but I can't see us being able to match wage demands. Surely we would have sounded this out before making the bid though - no?

Who says we haven't sounded the wages problem out?

I hear what your saying Danny but I think we have found out with other targets this summer that trophies mean little compared to money for most footballers nowadays

Surely he knew that we're not rich before he stated how incredibly keen he was to return. And he'll know his wage here was obviously lower than his current. And yet he still wants to come back. Either he's not too bright or he's willing to take less.

Or I'm just being really naive.

Interesting stat I have just been told. Don't know how true this is as I'm no accountant, but...

Cuellar is currently on �£40k - the tax on high earners takes that down to 20k actual income. If he's offered �£25k at Ibrox, the same tax means he goes down to 12.5k.

Which means a drop of 7.5k rather than the vast loss I originally thought.

He might actually come.

Surely he knew that we're not rich before he stated how incredibly keen he was to return. And he'll know his wage here was obviously lower than his current. And yet he still wants to come back. Either he's not too bright or he's willing to take less.

Or I'm just being really naive.

The press paint us a false picture of these things all the time. They take some quotes from a player or his agent and paint a picture that isn't really true or accurate. That's how they work.

Sensationalizing -

Verb: (esp. of a newspaper) Present information about (something) in a way that provokes public interest and excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

Interesting stat I have just been told. Don't know how true this is as I'm no accountant, but...

Cuellar is currently on �£40k - the tax on high earners takes that down to 20k actual income. If he's offered �£25k at Ibrox, the same tax means he goes down to 12.5k.

Which means a drop of 7.5k rather than the vast loss I originally thought.

He might actually come.

That's assuming that Cuellar is actually on that much money at Villa and that he's actually paying the full 50% tax.